Author Topic: Backup Camera; Wireless  (Read 4003 times)

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
Backup Camera; Wireless
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:02:31 AM »
The dealer I bought my coach from installed a Camecho RC 12V 24V Car Vehicle Rear View Wireless IR Night Vision Backup Camera.  It has never really worked well.  While at a dead stop or moving slowly the image on the monitor is clear and has no interference however when doing highway speeds I get a tremendous amount of interference or fuzziness.  I often receive a message of "no signal."

Does anyone have any experience with wireless backup cameras?  Do you no if there is something I can attach to the transmitter to strengthen the signal?

In an Amazon listing one review mentioned the signal will reach a distance of 33'.  My coach is 37'.  I have also seen a range of 100'. No owners manual provided and have been unsuccessful finding one online.

My problem may be you get what you pay for!  Amazon cost is $62.00

At the camera end the coax and s-video cables are intact and not connected.  The camera nor monitor have coax or s-video connection capabilities.  I have not pulled the front TV to see what cables were left.  The monitor is attached to the underside of the TV cabinet.

I may be best served with a wired system.

Any ideas?
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Backup Camera; Wireless
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 04:00:44 AM »
Paul,
I think your coach originally had a radio with a flip up lcd screen for the BU monitor. If the wiring is intact, you can get a new camera (a number of us has used a ~$30 Jensen). If radio/monitor is shot you may need to replace it. IR on the rear camera won't work if there is a plexigas panel protecting camera lens. Do search on back up cameras for more info.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Paul Meehan

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:07:10 AM »
Go to RVCAMS.COM. If you call them they can help you with a wired camera and monitor.  They have adapters that will fit wiring ends. 
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Ron Johnson

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »
We picked up a Tadi Brothers wireless backup camera a year ago at Quartzite and a fellow Beaver installed it for me [thank you again Randy]. It has worked flawlessly pleasantly surprising both my wife and I. The Tadi guys were back at Quartzite this year so we thanked them for a good product .. I'd recommend it.