Author Topic: Dash,  A/C  (Read 5359 times)

David Kuykendall

Dash,  A/C
« on: October 14, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
I have 2008 Marquis.  The dash A/C will not hold the fluid. I've had it worked on several times. We can not find where the fluid is going?  We has put dye in the system several times. We  have traced the hoses from end to end. ??   HELP!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:01:09 PM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Dash,  A/C
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 04:34:59 AM »
There is no easy way to locate a refrigerant leak in the dash A/C unit. The best way is to find a repair shop with a good leak detector and a competent technician that will spend the time necessary to locate the leak.

Dye does not always help in locating a leak in a 134A system because the oil in the 134A system is water soluble and it can get washed off and take the dye with it. IF dye does not help in finding the leak, a good electronic leak detector should.

Gerald

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:56:01 AM »
David,

It was not clear in your post, when you say that you traced the hoses from end to end, if you used a UV light that is compatible with your dye system during the inspection? If you have, then consider Gerald's input as the next step. I have had better luck with AC shops that specialize in just vehicle AC systems, as opposed to a garage that does AC work along with everything else, when it comes to finding a difficult leak in an AC system.

Later Ed

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
We had a small leak that turned out to be one of the schrader valves.  I second using a good auto shop that does a lot of AC work.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:00:08 PM by 14 »