Author Topic: Switching to SeeLevel tank monitoring system.  (Read 4184 times)

Michael Hannan

Switching to SeeLevel tank monitoring system.
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:11:52 AM »
I ordered and have received a new SeaLevel tank monitoring system with the Aladdin interface.  I'm going through the block wiring diagram but am unsure that I have it all straight and ready to install.  The sensor strips themselves I get as there are a few YouTube videos for that but I haven't found any for installing/wiring the Aladdin interface adapter.  Also, I'm not sure that I want to mess with attaching the monitor strips to the fresh water tank.  Does anyone have any photo or video of an installation specifically the Aladdin adapter and has anyone discovered an easy way to attach the fresh water sensor without destroying the enclosure & installation around it.  As always, thanks in advance for any help.

MJ

Greg Kamper

Re: Switching to SeeLevel tank monitoring system.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:14 AM »
I installed the see-level on my 2000 pt but I used the indicator that came with it. I put it on my fresh, grey, and black tanks. I also tapped into my propane as well. It works great.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:16:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I can only attest that it works with the Aladdin interface, perfectly. We had it installed in Gillette while at the rally there. It plugged right in to where the old "phone type" connectors went on the Aladdin thingy in the bay. The installer ran new wires from the fresh water tank, and the propane, but used the old ones, because the tanks were in the same bay as the Aladdin interface board. Make sure the strips they sent you are long enough to go from the top to bottom of each  of your tanks. They make different sizes.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Michael Hannan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was wondering where the Aladdin module was located.  I've seen a couple of videos one by Garnett Industries on how to connect 2 strips if one is not long enough for the tank.

MJ

Larry Williams

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »
In my 2003 Monterey the module is mounted behind a panel that covers access to the gray and black holding tanks. It is in the bay that is just forward of the rear wheels on the passenger side. The bay also holds the water pump.

Michael Hannan

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 04:14:38 AM »
I too have numerous Aladdin connection behind that panel Larry.  I haven't checked to see what each is yet.  I need the temp to get to 60F so the adhesive on the SeeLevel strips will cure properly.

MJ