Author Topic: Samsung RF 18 installer  (Read 21331 times)

John Moore

Samsung RF 18 installer
« on: March 18, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
 Can anyone recommend an installer for the Samsung RF 18 refrigerator in the Phoenix or Arizona area. I am a new member of the BAC  and have enjoyed reading the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I have a 2006 36 foot Monterey Ventura IV. Thanks, John

Gerald Farris

Re: Samsung RF 18 installer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
John,
I would contact Fred Brooks. He is a BAC member who owns a small RV shop in Tucson specializing in this type of work. I have seen several of his residential refrigerator installations, and they looked excellent.

Gerald   
The following users thanked this post: Laurel Moore, Fred Brooks, Mike Tomas

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
John,
I second Gerald's advice. Fred Brooks did mine and did an excellent job! I ordered the reefer at Home Depot in Tucson and had it shipped to Fred's shop.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

John Moore

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 09:41:13 PM »
 Thanks I got an email from Fred so I'm going to pursue that, thanks

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »
Ditto on Fred, he just did mine in Dec and it's a first rate job.  If you need any cabinetry work, new TV, and etc now is the time to do it.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:21 AM »
    Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind comments, my Joy to do this kind of engineering and fabrication. Getting ready to start on BAC member John Fearnow's '02 Thunder this week. I'll be talking to Mr. Moore tomorrow. Thanks again for the referral.
        Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Ron Johnson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »
Another vote of confidence for Fred - he installed a Samsung fridge and a GE Convection oven and we are very happy with th.e work he did a year ago

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »
GOOD MORNING! We are considering having a residential frig installed in our Olivia Jean 2005 Monterey. Our Xantrex Freedom 2000 inverter has to be replaced. Now we are deciding to go with a Magnam or Xantrex?  Ken a t Beaver coach is advising a Magnum, which is about $1,000.00 more due to replacing the brains. LOL. Where would you all recommend having this installation done - I live in Portland Oregon. 

THANK YOU.  8)

KC  Snellgrove
2005 38 foot Beaver Montery

William Jordan

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 10:18:53 PM »
GOOD MORNING! We are considering having a residential frig installed in our Olivia Jean 2005 Monterey. Our Xantrex Freedom 2000 inverter has to be replaced. Now we are deciding to go with a Magnam or Xantrex?  Ken a t Beaver coach is advising a Magnum, which is about $1,000.00 more due to replacing the brains. LOL. Where would you all recommend having this installation done - I live in Portland Oregon. 

THANK YOU.  8)

KC  Snellgrove
2005 38 foot Beaver Montery

Has the inverter gone bad ? I would think and have read 2000 watts is plenty to run the fridge and the other needs.

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
KC,
 I have heard Good reviews for ASE Supply in Portland.  ( 7710 NE 17th. ) 
 ASE is on my  list of repair stops when we get back to OR. in May.
We have an Xantrex that creates havoc with our Norcold refer when in Inverter mode.
Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Dean Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 08:32:17 PM »
Hi Fred,
We just had the cooling unit go out on our Norcold and unfortunately we are leaving for Tucson Saturday so we really don't have a choice in getting it repaired. We had a full fridge of food and fortunately the lot we are renting has a fridge in the shed.

Can you give me an idea of what it would cost to do the Samsung upgrade?

Thanks,

Dean
Dean & Anita
2014 Entegra Anthem
2005 Monterey Cat C-9
1993 Bounder (1st coach!)
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
Past Region 1 Vice President

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »
KC, I'd consider Darrell's idea;  though I've not used them myself, ASE I think has been around awhile, and now is in a large new building that's relatively easy to get an RV to between Columbia and Argyle off 17th.  That's in the area of the Goodyear tire main service facility and where Roadmaster used to be.  I have had my coach to both over the years, and access and maneuvering was fairly easy anywhere in that Columbia industrial area.

You could call or take the car over and present your issues, and check them out and maybe get a cost estimate.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
THANK YO ALL! Yes, my inverter went out last year while at BCS getting other work done. i have a warranty that would only pay for a  repair. I drove home and the rig was parked. Sometime after that the batteries were going was losing charge. I called Xantrax and they ran me thorough some motions. No help. After crawling in the cubby hole (LOL) I decided to take off the plate and saw blacken of the wires. YIKES! I took pictures and called BCS. I talked Sean and after he looked at the pictures the part is what got fixed by someone here in Portland. So now I want to purchase the right inverter.

Thank-you all once again. You all are my heroes! By the way Ashley how are you and your delightful wife doing? :)

John Moore

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Fred has completed my installation of the Samsung refrigerator and did an excellent job, anyone considering a refrigerator I highly recommend Fred Brooks. Also the 20 pound latches Fred stalled really got a good test a few times and worked great, Thank you Fred and all who recommended him.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 09:19:39 PM »
we also had a Samsung installed, looks great, only problem is the water leak gathering under the crispers.
any suggestions?