Author Topic: Rv Insurance  (Read 9906 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Rv Insurance
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
Re: Umbrella Policy.  From Hartford I found out both my Residential and Rental (duplex) Policies must have a minimum of $300,000 Comprehensive Personal Liability and $300,000 of Personal Injury Liability.  If those two liability limits are not met at a minimum on both policies, then Hartford will not sell an Umbrella Policy to attach to my Auto Policy (three vehicles).  My Auto Policy has limits sufficient to qualify for the Hartford Umbrella Policies.  Once I have verified those two liability minimums are satisfied, then Hartford will sell an Umbrella Policy for the following coverages and costs:
     1. $1 million at $240 per year, or
     2. $2 million at $420 per year, or
   * 3. $5 million at $540 per year.

*Hartford also noted that not more than one insurance claim within five years is allowed to qualify for their $5 million Umbrella Policy.

I am waiting to hear back from my Residential and Rental Policies' agent.  Plus I have invited the agent to give a cost for an Umbrella Policy.  Being the July 4th weekend, I expect to get a reply from the agent next week.

Thank you for the information and opinions.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:10:12 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
I added the Hartford Umbrella Policy yesterday.  Its effective dates coincide with our Hartford Auto Policy and its cost was $209 for one year.

The Summer is passing fast.  Next week we have a four day meet-up with our Yuma Couples Golf Group at the Wildhorse RV Park near Pendleton, OR.  Ten or so couples are coming, most are staying in their RVs, from California, Washington, Idaho and Oregon.  It should be a fun week - 18 holes at the Wildhorse Golf Course, the Milton-Freewater (OR) Golf Course, and the Buffalo Peak Golf Course at Union, OR, plus barbecuing, sipping flavorful drinks, catching up, etc.  We have a 50 amp spot for two of those days and a 30 amp spot for the last two days.  I hope someone cancels on their 50 amp reservation so we don't have to move spots.  With the heat we want to be able to run all three air conditioners!

I found out last week my high school graduation class is having a 50-year reunion on September 30 in The Dalles, OR.  It's a good thing the organizers didn't schedule it much later.  We are planning to head South by mid-October.  We have our RV spot reserved for five months and are looking forward to a great Winter in the Fortuna Foothills.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dan Murphy

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »
David

Sounds like a great week of golf.I wish we could join you!

Have fun and I hope you never have the chance to unfurl that umbrella!!