Author Topic: Repair shops Oregon  (Read 2874 times)

jeffprupis

Repair shops Oregon
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:49:15 AM »
We have issues with a slow leak air bag (s) or lines. HWH Leveling acting hinkey also. Also would like to have a Safety-T Plus or similar product installed  Am I better of working with Henderson Line-up (Grants Pass) or Beaver Coach in Bend? TIA

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Repair shops Oregon
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »
We had a slow leak in 2015, and both of those shops tried to find it, fixing several suspicious places without resolving it.  Last year the problem was fairly imperceptible, seemingly self-resealed. 

But Henderson's techs put in a lot of man-hours trying to ferret the thing out while it was there, and added a Safe-T-Plus among other chassis amendments.  They charged far less for labor on the leak search than the time actually put in, because they were so frustrated not being able to find it;  they even left the coach in the service bay when they could, and went back and forth during pauses working on other rigs. 

Many here have said leaks often come down to the type of air fittings used on the coaches, and only have success by replacing them.  The hard part of course usually is finding the leak in the first place.

One advantage to Henderson's is, for a charge, they do their Road Performance Accessment by highly experienced techs that reveals handling flaws.  The Safe-T-Plus requires centerline tweaking, a process I accompanied the tech on the highway during, and he was pretty particular about getting it right.

Thats not to diminish BCS' abilities, and they likely road test a Safe-T-Plus also.  Which facility to use may come down to your getting estimates, and/or which is geographically best at the time.  Since both places are about equidistant from me, for chassis issues I would tend to go to Grants Pass, and most everything else I go to Bend.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
Jeff,
I would rank Henderson's as the preferred shop for the Safe-T-Plus installation, and I would also add the trim unit that Henderson's sells into the installation. Personally, to me a Safe-T-Plus without the trim unit does not make sense. Finding the air leak is a crap shoot, but Henderson's may be a little cheaper, especially if it is difficult to find, and many are.

Gerald   

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
It must be nice to be on the West Coast and have the toss up of BCS and Henderson's to work on your coaches.

I would like to find a competent shop here in Florida to be able to go to.

I do most of my own work right now but once we go full time I won't have that luxury.

Most of the shops I have been to around me have been very disappointing to say it mildly.

I am getting up in age and don't like it when my blood pressure has to rise just getting the coach worked on.

The one shop that doesn't do me much good is Cummins Ocala, the best place I have been to so far.....Onan generator issues.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 12:48:05 AM »
LaMonte,
If you haven't already, check out the Service Providers list on the Members Only board. There are a number of them in FL that got good member reviews.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:26 AM »
With the HWH air leveling system there are a few prime places for leaks, the push connect air fittings, the base o ring on the solenoid valves, and the air pressure switches on your leveling manifold. I have had two air switches leak at different times. There is a set screw in the side of the brass switch base that will leak air. On one I had leaked so much it would not bubble but not enough to hear.
And of course where they place these manifolds they are not easy to get at.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 03:34:35 AM »
LaMonte -

http://rvservicereviews.com/

Select Florida and Sort By Location.  There are numerous firms with multiple reviews rated Good, Very Good and Excellent.  Find one near your location and go talk to them.  Perhaps you can talk to a coach owner who has/had his coach in the shop.  It's kinda like finding a doctor... talk around, shop around, ask for referrals.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:37:34 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell