Author Topic: Unknown Alartm  (Read 3273 times)

Robin Goffrier

Unknown Alartm
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »
We are nearing the end of our "Around the Country" trip, currently at our lot in Indio.  Scheduled to leave for Bend this week.  This morning we're just sitting sipping coffee and reading and a beeping alarm sounds.  8 beeps in a row with about a half second pause then again, .... and again and again.  First check was smoke detector then lp/co2 detector, both nominal.  I can't even locate the alarm.  Sounds like ceiling in main solon.  I gotta figure out a way to locate, determine issue and slince this thing.  Thoughts please.  Thanks.

Edward Buker

Re: Unknown Alartm
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
Robin,

It could be the Xantrex panel that controls the inverter charger. Mine was over the entry door. You should have blinking leds on that panel or some error message if it is a digital panel version. You can try and turn off the Ac breaker at the park plug in, turn off the House Battery Switch, wait 15 seconds and then turn the Battery Switch back on followed by the park pedestal AC breaker. At times the Xantrex would get a false error and that was the only way I could reset it in my coach. If this alarm or you find it is another system alarm and it repeats then it needs to be sourced and understood.

Later Ed

Robin Goffrier

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:23:44 AM »
Thanks, Ed.  I killed everything, AC at the source and coach breakers then DC.  With all power off it still beeped.  The Xantrex indicated normal as did the coach monitor. It was double frustrating because I could not locate the actual alarm speaker.  The codes on my hard wired surge protector were normal as well.  Batteries were all cool and good and chargers operating correctly.  I opened the basement storage to replace some tools and when I slammed the door down my wife opened to coach door and said that the alarm stopped.  Has not been an issue again.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »
The last time I had an annoying beeping that continued like that it was the key-less entry system.  I didn't count the beeps but it was a lot with a short pause.  I took the key pad off and cut all the wires after taking pics. It had to be replaced even after all the wires were spliced.  I would have gladly paid double to get the beeps to stop.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

jamesericneedham

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »
Sounds like a alarm that has 9 volt battery. There is usually a small white round alarm on the ceiling. The inverter charger will also beep if there is a too low voltage or other fault as posted above.

Dan Murphy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:20:17 PM »
Robin

We had a similar situation last week. I could not find the beeping noise no matter where I looked. I replaced batteries everywhere and tested everything but kept getting this faint beeping sound. It was driving me crazy!
My wife finally found the culprit in the back of a drawer under a divider. I had taken the original smoke detector down 2 years ago and replaced it with a unit a little less sensitive because it kept going off every time we made toast. I threw the original one in that drawer thinking we may use it somewhere down the road in some other place. Mistake!!  LOL

Hope you can find your beeping I know it can be frustrating!

Edward Buker

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
Robin,

It may have been an alarm indicating that a basement door was open or not latched. I do not remember that feature on mine but these coaches seem to still have new surprises that pop up even after you own them awhile. That feature would be a small 12v alarm built into the the 12v system with possibly some pin switches that get depressed. You could see if you could recreate the alarm with a door but maybe you do not want to go there. It would seem that you would only want to alarm that kind of system to sound off with the ignition on, ...still a bit of a mystery that some other owner has run across and will share.

Ed Buker