General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

Windshield Roller Shade

(1/2) > >>

John Fearnow:
Gerald,

The TV looks great.  In the pictures I noticed what looks like a white pull-down sun shade on a roller that goes across the windshield.  Is it something you installed yourself?  I am looking at getting some windshield shades from MCD but am also looking at other do it yourself alternatives.  Maybe you have already taken that route?  If so I'd appreciate any advice as to where you got the shade etc.

John Fearnow
2002 Patriot Thunder

LarryNCarolynShirk:
This is not Gerald, but I may be able to help you.

I bought my sun screen at Home Depot or Lowe's several years ago.  I have seen them at Costco also.  I think it was about $80.  They are 8 ft wide, and you cut the tube and fabric to the length you need.  Two screws hold each end bracket to the ceiling.  It is a pretty easy install.  I put mine in our '98 Patriot and transferred it to our '01 Marquis.  I had to cut another 2" off at the time of transfer to fit the Marquis.  I guess the wall insulation is thicker on the Marquis.

Larry

Gerald Farris:
I bought the roller shade as a custom order from Lowes. It was first in my 93 Patriot and I transferred it to my 2000 Marquis when I traded coaches. Since my roller shade was a custom order (exact width, length, color, and % of light blockage)  I had to pay more than $80, but it was only about $150.

Gerald

Jerry Carr:
Hi Gerald, I just noticed the roller shade comment, I would like to have this in our 07 Pat. I looked at the systems available in Eugene and at Redmond but both suppliers are very proud of their work! I may have to take a run over to Lowe's.

Do you have any other photos available? I assume your system is manual, did you have the draw curtain system before? If so, did you have a lot of holes after you pulled the old system?

Gerald Farris:
Jerry,
I drive a 2000 Marquis that came with 2 electric visors and a power privacy drape for the windshield. The solar roller shade mounts on the windshield side of the power visors and nothing needs to be removed to accommodate the roller shade installation. I do not have any pictures of the installation now, but I will take some tomorrow when the light is better and post them here in a day or two.

Gerald

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version