Author Topic: TIRES Michelin Advanage Program  (Read 2883 times)

KC Snellgrove

TIRES Michelin Advanage Program
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:50:55 AM »
Good Day Fellow Beaver Owners! OH MY what an adventure. I have been researching tires 295 80 22.5 tires (Michelin) verses M144 (Toyo's) for weeks. I decided I would purchase Michelin by using the FMAC Tires Advantage Program, since they are only about $1,000.00 more. Until today I believed there was only one place in Oregon to buy tires that of Les Schwab's in Grants Pass. I also learned the only tire dealers participating in the Advantage Program are dealers of Michelin Tires. WOW! Once I realized this I went to Michelin's web page discovering there is one other dealer in Oregon that of Superior Tires who has a shop on  Columbia Blvd. in Portland. I called Superior Tires today and was told they have tires for my rig that are only about 3.5 months old. YEAH! Labor quote was  (I think)  $ 470.00, which is about $100.00 cheaper then Les Schawb in Grants Pass. Also not having to drive 2 hours to get to Grants Pass is another WOW factor.

My question is have any of my fellow Beaver owners done business with this company? I look forward to your responses.

Thanking you in advance. I will let you know how this goes.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: TIRES Michelin Advanage Program
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:48:12 AM »
You only have to go to Junction City to save that grand, and not even that far given most any Schwab could do it.  Bob Dickman's just has the most experience with rigs like ours.  But if you insist on Michelins, no, you don't have to go to Henderson's.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »
We used Superior and they were very good.  Timely and quick since they do this all day long.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Russ Mann

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 03:02:19 AM »
We used Superior also and they were excellent.

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »
WOW  ;D ;D....I had new slippers put on My Olivia Jean at SUPERIOR TIRES on Columbia Blvd. Portland,  Oregon! EXCELLENT is a perfect word to describe how wonderful my experience was from the first phone call to me pulling away with my NEW MICHELIN TIRES. OH MY GOSH the ride is impeccable.  ;D. Also there labor charge is $470.00 about $ 100.00 less than Les Schwab's. It took me minutes to call Michelin Corp. and register my name and credit care. IT WAS A BREEZE! To get the discount a shop has to be a DEALER of Michelin Tires, which when I went to their corporate website Les Schwab is not on the dealers list? 

I would never go to Bob Dickman's Les Schwab in Junction City!!!  The service person I talked to did everything he could do DISCOURAGE me out of buying Michelin tires telling me "we do not make much money off of selling these tires". He also told me that it is such a difficult process to register at Michelin to get the Advantage discount that most people just do not do it!"  He did his best to talk me into Toyo's, which I do put on my passenger vehicles. 

SO SHOP SUPERIOR TIRES, which you can look up all their locations. Just remember any DEALER of MICHELIN TIRES will give you the ADVANTAGE PROGRAM DISCOUNT!

Now I cannot wait to take a  trip!

Thank you all for helping me.