Author Topic: Replacement Haudraulic Pump for slide and leveling system  (Read 3384 times)

RebeccaKlein

Replacement Haudraulic Pump for slide and leveling system
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:44:29 PM »
My hydraulic pump for my main slide and leveling system has failed. Of course my levelers are in the down position. Can anyone give me advise as to the best location to get another pump motor?  Also, I have road rescue coming this morning to crack the lines to get my levelers up. Will be coach be safe to drive from Cottonwood AZ to Mesa, AZ without the pump motor working. I am positive that there are better resources in Mesa to get it fixed than there are in Cottonwood. I just need to make sure that nothing else operates on that hydraulic motor (like my brakes).

So tired of problems with this leveling system!!

Gerald Farris

Re: Replacement Haudraulic Pump for slide and leveling system
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »
Rebecca,
The hydraulic pump system for your living room slide and leveling system only runs those two items. The only issue that you may run into in driving the coach if the jacks are up with the system inoperative is that the slide is held into the closed position by the hydraulic pressure in the ram that moves the slide. So if you have to vent the pressure in the slide ram to manually retract it, your slide may not stay completely closed while traveling. Therefore, you may need to block the slide closed with a 2X4 on the floor between the wall and the slide or use a come-along under the slide to keep it closed.

Gerald 

RebeccaKlein

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
Thank you for the information Gerald. My slide was in when the motor went. Since I do not have to vent the slide I should not have any problems with it.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 10:17:05 PM »
Are you sure the motor has failed? Could be wiring, solenoid, switch?

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:14:01 AM »
Rebecca
Have you found a pump or a solution to your problem?  I was speaking to an outfit called Pirtek today about you.  They are a nation wide franchise so not too far from you .  The gen mgr here in Tucson says they could definately help you by rebuilding or replacing the pump.  He can also direct you to a Pirtek closer to you.
Pirtek
Matt Mejia gen mgr. (TUCSON)
1-520-838-0199
mmejia@pirtekusa.com

Best of luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Roland DuBree

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »
Two things, 1) if you have a slide in and it creeps out or it needs to held in to travel you must use more than a 2X4. A 2x4 inside at the floor does not have enough surface area at the floor to support all the slide weight. With a passenger side slide making a hard right turn will cause so much centrifugal force that you will bend the metal of the slide from the floor up about 8" to 12". And it is a devil of a job the re-straighten it. You need a solid block up from the floor 8" to 12"  to spread out the load force  2.) My pump stopped and it turned out it was only the motor brush assembly. A wire attached to a couple of brushes was so short as the brushes worn they no longer touched the armature and the motor stopped.  I managed to drop the assembly enough, without removal, supporting it on a 5-gallon bucket to get the on the top part of the motor off and just replace the brush assembly.  GOOD LUCK!