Author Topic: Airbag height adjustment  (Read 4041 times)

Jim Houghton

• BAC Member
Airbag height adjustment
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:44:16 AM »
I adjusted the ride height to the proper dimensions, They all were slightly low. However the front only has one valve attached to the center of the axle, I adjusted the valve in which only the right side airbag responded. The left side remained at the previous height, Is the valve defective or is it something else?

Jim
2021 Entegra Cornerstone
2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscany (sold)
Pleasant View, TN :)

Gerald Farris

Re: Airbag height adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »
Jim,
You coach uses the rear height sensors to set the rear and side to side ride heights and the front sensor only sets the front ride height in the center of the axle. If there were four ride height sensors, you would get excessive twisting of the frame caused by the rear sensors trying to adjust to one setting and the fronts adjusting to another if the sensors were not all perfectly adjusted. There is a little tolerance built into the sensors to prevent over activation, but if both of the rear ride heights are identical and the fronts are not within a reasonable tolerance, you have a twisted frame. The key words here are "reasonable tolerance", so if the rears are identical after a short drive and parking on a level surface and the fronts are within a 1/4 inch are a little more, it is normal.

Gerald 

Marty Bailey

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 10:22:39 PM »
My 2000 Patriot has the same issue Lt side just a little low. I have replaced all airbags and 1 adjuster (leaking) adjusted the leveling system and it is better with Lt looking from the back forward about 1/2 to 1 inch lower than Rt.

MARTY

2000 Patriot

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »
Marty,
Where are you measuring the 1 inch difference from side to side? If you are measuring at the correct location, the suspension, you have a issue, but if you are measuring the fiberglass body, it is within normal production tolerances. By the time you get from the suspension to the exterior fiberglass, you have passed through many weld points (cross members), wood and fiberglass mounting points and variations in the right to left molds, so expecting the exterior fiberglass to be identical is unrealistic.

Gerald 

Marty Bailey

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
Thanks Gerald. The RV is in the shop and and it is at the bumper I am looking. But will triple check the height at the front bags and let you know when we get the RV back from the shop.

Marty
2000 Patriot

Marty Bailey

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 12:50:20 AM »
Gerald we Finally got the Bev back from the shop. (Chassis AC still not working I have parts coming next think I will just fix it).

On the Airbag height, they were still off by little over a inch high on RT side at the bag. I adjusted most rear bags to 10 1/4 and front back bags ended up at 10 1/2 RT and 10 1/4 Lt. the front front bags a around 9 1/2.   Seams to be a lot wetter then when I started.

Marty
2000 Patriot