Author Topic: Water pump problem  (Read 2657 times)

Larry Barch

Water pump problem
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:26 PM »
I purchased a 2000 Marquis last fall.  The water pump worked fine. I winterized. Placed the Beaver into indoor storage in January. I filled up my water tank and when connected to city water the water runs fine.  The water heater works.  But, when disconnected and I switch on the pump, the red light works but no water.  I opened all the spickets....nothing.  I don't here the pump even try to pump. Please help.  Thanks in advance. 

Jim Houghton

• BAC Member
Re: Water pump problem
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:46:00 AM »
If by chance the fill control valve was left in the tank fill position that is what it will act like. I did that the first time I used my new to me coach. Once the fill valve was closed all worked fine. If it is in the fill position it just pumps the water in a loop from the tank and back to the tank.

Hope this helps

Jim
2021 Entegra Cornerstone
2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscany (sold)
Pleasant View, TN :)

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:01 AM »
You would have to check to see if the pump is getting 12 volts, fuse blown? Pump locked up? I had my pump basically lock up due to corrosion, had to replace the pump.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:51:37 AM »
I'd be sure Jim's idea isn't the case.  But inevitably when I take my coach "out of storage" the water pump takes forever to prime up.  Have yet to find a solution other than patience.  A slight air leak due to a dry seal somewhere could also cause it.  Check all fittings between tank, filter, and pump inlet.

Not sure what you mean... you're not hearing the pump at all, or just not its bogging down under moving water?  If the switch lights but no pump motor period, then check pump fuse and connections at the pump. 

Joel
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:33:37 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat