Author Topic: Trend ahead Service shop rates  (Read 3739 times)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Trend ahead Service shop rates
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:26 PM »
Good morning, passing along little information that maybe starting a new trend ahead for
repairs. Working with ( 2 ) members having Cat C9S engines with regeneration problems,
With Ask Dave with Caterpillar Dealer in Florida ( not posting name of dealer ). There shop
Rate is $ 325.00 per hour and $ 19,000. Quote for turbocharger and charged air cooler that
Claim to be wrong size for engine with 49,000 miles and turbocharger number 4. The second
member needs turbocharger at 14,589 miles ( same Cat Dealer ). What is all this telling us ?
First get second opinion third, forth. Look at cost of transport to another Service Shop. Way
in on going used parts or reman parts etc. Remember little extra time to gather thoughts may
save lot of money. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

KC Snellgrove

Re: Trend ahead Service shop rates
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
THANK YOU DAVE....you are always a knight in shinning amour! I really appreciate you offering your knowledge on CAT engines, etc. I look forward to meeting you. :)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:27:13 PM »
Any shop that would charge me $325 per hour is simply telling me they don't want my business!
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

James Henley

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 03:20:17 AM »
Warren Power in TULSA charging 325/ hr for motor homes as well, told them, they obviously don't want Motor homes.  This is getting rediculous.  The trend is catipiller.
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett