Author Topic: Draining air tanks  (Read 3482 times)

William (Bill) Staley

Draining air tanks
« on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:49 PM »
Good morning all.  We recently purchased an '05 Patriot Thunder 42'.  I can't find where to drain the air tanks.  On out previous coach there were lanyards attached to the drain valve.  Like to drain them to make sure no water is getting into the system.  There is no mention anywhere in the owners manual...that I can find.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Draining air tanks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
Bill, If yours is like our 40', there is a drain 'manifold' in the rear compartment, curb side, to the rear of our battery compartment. there is a set of 5 or 6 drain valves there. Also access to the fuel-water separator, all are just above the muffler.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
Must be a relatively common location for the valves in that era of Beaver, and perhaps later.  Our 4 drain valves and remote quick-connect are together on a small panel just aft of the battery tray. 

Just a short turn of the brass thumb-heads drains that half of a tank, then return it to precisely horizontal.  The appearance of any moist spray as opposed to dry air means there was accumulated water.  An air dryer/desiccant in good condition should prevent that.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
On my 06 PT there is one in the rear engine compartment on the driver side mounted on the frame rail, and one in the front pass side next to the bottom of the generator, that is also where the aux air quick connect is.

William (Bill) Staley

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the replys.  I found them in the rear PS compartment.  Guess I was blind when I looked before!