Author Topic: 2006 Marquis Coach Electrical Problem  (Read 2254 times)

Don White

• BAC Member
2006 Marquis Coach Electrical Problem
« on: May 13, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »
Hi, I recently purchased a 06 Marquis Jade IV.  I put it in storage and neglected to disconnect the batteries, my bad.  Of course next time I visited the coach the batteries, both coach and chassis, were drained.  I plugged it into shore power and all the batteries are now fully charged.  The problem I am having now since this event is there is no power to any of the 12 volt circuits in the coach like the lights, power shades. etc.  There is power to all the 120 volt appliances.  I've attempted the following:
1. Unplugged and plugged the coach back into shore power
2. Turned off and turned back on the inverter and charger

No luck getting power restored.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Inverter was replaced in 2010 with a Magnum "Energy" series.  Also there is a switch labeled "Coach Power" on the dash directly in front of the passengers seat.  What does that do?  It seems to kill the power to the coach but I am unsure how to turn the power back on once I've shut it off with the switch.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help.
Don White
2006 Marquis Jade IV C13
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Hydralift
2006 HD Fat Boy
1997 Safari Serengetti

Mike Groves

Re: 2006 Marquis Coach Electrical Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
Check the house 12 volt switch that is typically located inside the door.  And make sure that your house battery solenoid switch is on as well. 

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: 2006 Marquis Coach Electrical Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
Don,
The Coach Power switch kills 12v power in the coach when pushed. Pushing it again will turn power back on. The switch controls a relay in the rear electrical or battery compartment, depending on your coach layout. Both the switch and relay have been known to go bad. Best advice is not to use the switch but rather turn the power off with the house battery switch.
If you've got 12v at the batteries and not in the coach after pushing the coach power switch, (check after one push then after another), I'd check the relay. See if you have 12v on one of the 2 small terminals when the switch is in one position and not in the other position. If you do, the switch is OK. When you have 12v on one of the  small wires, you should also have 12v on both of the large terminals on the relay. If not, the relay is bad.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp