Visit our BAC Favorite Places Web Page

Author Topic: Electric fuel pump kit  (Read 1900 times)

Eric Wallace

• BAC Member
Re: Electric fuel pump kit
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
I should have talked to my Cat parts guy before my last post.  He told me that Cat doesn't "believe" in barbed hose fittings so my barbed fitting had to be a Beaver specified part.  He suggested finding a local hydraulic parts store to make the match.  They had just what I needed for 2$.
Also, thanks for that heads up on what I thought was a filter housing.  I'll stay away from that area!
Eric and Nancy Wallace,  Napa, CA
2001 Monterey Trinidad 33'
Cat 3126B

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »
Eric , can you send a picture of return fuel pressure regulator and end of return hose
Going back to front fuel tank and your old pressure regulator. Ran into this before.
Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Harry Kew

• BAC Member
  • 1999 Patriot 40\'. 3126
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »
When i disassembled my return line off the pressure regulator I loosened the hoe clamp on the barb fitting and was able to turn the fitting with out removing it from the return line.

I used the fitting in the old regulator installed it on the new one and then screwed the barb fitting into it

Harry

Eric Wallace

• BAC Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
Dave,
I got tied up for a couple of days so am a bit late with this photo you asked for.  I have the proper parts now and will do my final installation today, but will add this picture in case it might be useful to others who will have to make this change after installation of the electric fuel pump kit.   The original yellow regulator had the brass barbed fitting threaded right into the end of the regulator.  Apparently, Harry was able to get the two hex sections of the old regulator separated.   I couldn't get them apart, so had to purchase the adapter (already attached to the barbed fitting in my photo) to go from the 9/16-18 straight thread in the end of the regulator to the 1/4" NPT on the barbed fitting.  Once I thread the two silver parts in the photo together, I'll be good to go.   The second shot just shows the different threads in the ends of the old vs. new regulators, in case the old regulator assembly is seized like mine was.
Thanks again for everyone's help.   
Eric and Nancy Wallace,  Napa, CA
2001 Monterey Trinidad 33'
Cat 3126B

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 06:14:52 AM »
Eric, thanks for pictures I thought before they were posted on Ask Dave but maybe not.
The outflow end on return fuel pressure will work just fine making the barb type connection
to fuel line. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic