Author Topic: Cargo Door  (Read 2341 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Cargo Door
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:50:10 PM »
First I'll say that I know that my question is probably too vague, with the info I have, to answer.  I'm asking just in case someone has had the same problem and found an easy solution.  For the last 3 days the cargo door on the road side just forward of the water bay pops open every time I drive.  I close it, give the old lower leg bump, and lock it.  Next time I stop it's popped!  I close it, lock it, make sure it's closed and latched by pulling on it and it will not pop open.  It is solidly closed.  Next drive, open!  I've looked at the two latches and don't see anything wrong.  The spring, in the latches, seems solid.  The handle is locked and solid.  May have something to do with the body flexing on the not so smooth roads in Northern BC.  The only thing I can think of is exposing the mechanism and spraying it with silicone!  I'm lost.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joe Rhea

Re: Cargo Door
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »
Jerry:
I had the same problem with the doors on the drivers side. Found that the catch was to far out. Moved the catch over about a 1/4" which gave more surface on the latch
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Cargo Door
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »
Joe, I'll try that first thing in the morning.  Thank you.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH