Author Topic: Chassis AC  (Read 2200 times)

Greg Ross

• BAC Member
Chassis AC
« on: June 17, 2017, 01:48:18 AM »
The  AC is not blowing cold, I checked the refrigerant the other day and it was low so I got a can from the auto parts store and  recharged the system and today the compressor clutch does not seem to engage. I can't see any relationship but?
I do not have a good wiring diagram of the AC system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg Ross
2008 Contessa Pacifica
C 9S
2008 Contessa
C9 425HP

Edward Buker

Re: Chassis AC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Greg

Still may not have enough R134A. Look at temp vs pressure charts to see where you are statically not running. You may not be above the minimum pressure to have the low pressure switch allow current to the clutch. I cannot remember the min limit.

Later Ed

Greg Ross

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 02:07:57 AM »
The gauge reads in the red, I think that is because the compressor is not engaged. I checked my toad AC and it reads in the red with the compressor not engaged.

Greg Ross
2008 Contessa
C9 425HP

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:07:21 AM »
Greg,

The low pressure cut in is about 32 lbs. You need that much pressure to satisfy the low pressure switch to engage the clutch. At 75F ambient gas temp you should have about 78lbs of pressure in a full system with nothing running. The higher the temp the higher the pressure.

I would recommend that you see if you can find a way to get some numerical pressure measurements. Not sure where you are charge wise regarding the "red zone".

Later Ed