Author Topic: Battery cut-off switch  (Read 5174 times)

James McDaniel

• BAC Member
Battery cut-off switch
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »
I've a 2008 Marquis and my battery cut-off switch isn't engaging or turning on. I've no power to the interior. James
2008 Marquis

Gerald Farris

Re: Battery cut-off switch
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
James,
Have you tried the coach power (salesman switch) by the front door. If you can not turn on 12 volt power with this switch, you probably have a bad coach power solenoid. If so it can be bypassed by moving the two battery cables on that solenoid to the same terminal.

Gerald

James McDaniel

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »
Thanks Gerald. Yes, I've tried the switch by the door and I do hear a clicking sound when I hold the switch for 5 seconds in the rear of the coach somewhere. Where would I find the solenoid. James
2008 Marquis

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »
James, I see that Gerald isn't signed in at the moment, and though I am not familiar with your exact coach perhaps the photo of my configuration will assist you in locating the solenoid should you have something akin to it.  I added text some time ago to the photo for convenience of indicating to others where the Bird and Big Boy and such were located.  Behind the door over the batteries and main switches is the Big Boy and large fuses.  The solenoid I believe Gerald refers to is mounted to the forward wall inside that cabinet.  In my photo it would be behind the area with the letter D in the "BIRD" text.  Hopefully this will prove helpful for the time-being.

-Joel
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:19:08 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Schmidt

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »
James, we did exactly as Gerald and Joel have suggested 8 years ago and never replaced the faulty switch. For us it made sense to  eliminate the duplicity of the switch because the switch was inadverteningly activated causing much consternation. Suggest you turn off your batteries before bridging the two cables on the solenoid.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

James McDaniel

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:10:51 AM »
Thanks Joel, Bryan and Gerald,

I found the Solenoid in a compartment in the engine area. Thanks for responding and sharing your experience. James
2008 Marquis