Author Topic: Multiplex Touchpad  (Read 4700 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Multiplex Touchpad
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »
I have a 2006 Marquis with multiplex system. My question is when one of the pads goes bad can you use the pad directly below it that is not being used? The one that is bad is in bedroom. Has 6 pads only 4 are used for bedroom slides. Thanks for the help. Forum is great.

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Russ Mann

Re: Multiplex Touchpad
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:50 PM »
I would check the multiplex power board, mine is below the 120VAC circuit breaker panel. When one of the unused buttons on the 6 position pad is depressed see if a LED on the board lights. If it lights then that button can be used for the defective one. Just transfer the output wire (at the top) of the defective button from where it is now to the output position of the unused button's connector. Each of the yellow wires on my multiplexer have a piece of tape and a hand written description of what it is used for. It may be that the unused outputs do not have a wire connected to it. On mine all of the outputs are being used and none of the unused buttons are programmed.
If you don't have any unused outputs on the multiplexer there is another fix that is more complicated. It requires replacing the output MOS FET #F1010N. You can purchase these online. They are soldered in and require a little finesse to replace but its better (and cheaper) than trying to find a new multiplexer.
I assume you have verified that the 10amp fuse for the bad button is good.

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:49:34 AM »
Thanks Russ for the info.  The pad works some time and some times have to push several times to get slide to activate. Thanks again for the info.

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
      Hi Bobby,
   On a multiplex system made by intellitech such as yours, each switch has a dedicated address. When that switch is depressed the controller knows who is calling and requesting action. Like anything else, switches wear out. On the back of the switch pad is a part number that identifies the format and addresses of the switches in that pad. I believe you can have a replacement made from intellitech.
   Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »
Thanks Fred.  I will contact them.

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
While on this subject.
My DW pushed buttons on the intel pad by our bed.  That pad has one of the two master off switches but no master on.  Never the less she somehow managed to turn on every light in the coach.  Even ones for which there was no switch present on that pad.  One time since the pads all turned dull yellow and stayed on until the master off was pushed.
Anyone heard of this?
Thanks
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
    Hi Keith,
 Yep, some kind of hiccup in the system. Unplug the coach and turn off your 12volt disconnect at the house batteries. when you turn it back on, the master controller for the intelletech will reset.
    Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 05:30:43 AM »
Thanks Fred, sounds good!