Author Topic: Driver side slide stuck  (Read 2769 times)

Steve Funk

Driver side slide stuck
« on: July 18, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »
06 Monterey with the flush driver slide does not move.  Well the top doesn't move, only the bottom starts to slide out and the top then moves forward and down, then it binds and stops.  Something is keeping the top slide locks perhaps from releasing.  Any ideas or description as to how the mechanism works on this slide would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Driver side slide stuck
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:04 PM »
Please excuse what may be a "no brainer" that you are already aware of.  When I was new to my Beaver I leveled my coach before putting slides in or out because it seemed logical.  About a year after I bought it the big driver's side slide started doing something similar to what you describe.  The top almost took out all the trim on the slide.  After a little research I found that the coach is supposed to be at travel height to put slides in or out.  It has not done it since.  About 2 years.  Sorry if you know this but I didn't and it almost got real expensive.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »
Jerry's got a point.  If the coach isn't in Travel Mode when the slides are operated, there can be body twist that results in your trying to put a square slideout through an unsquare opening.  Things can get hung up.  Unlike some other coach mfrs., Monaco's basic rule was slides out first and in last;  i.e. the rig should be aired to Travel when moving slides.

Barring that, some with "locks" on that slideout have had issues with broken internal parts, which makes it a good idea to have BCS or other experienced tech inspect the two mechanisms every few years.  Perhaps someone that has had that issue will provide input here.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:56:26 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Funk

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:49:31 PM »
Thanks Jerry,  The coach has been sitting for a couple weeks so I fired it up and it seems to be at road height.  Not to say I haven't moved the slide when I shouldn't have in the past but it seems to be pretty level and at road height.   The locking mechanism does seem to move more now as it starts to extend before it binds. I don't want to push it much to avoid any damage. 

I have all the carpet ripped out as I am in the process of putting new flooring in.  That project is on hold till I can get this darn slide out.

Thanks for your insight and in the future I will not move the slides unless at road height.
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Steve Funk

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
Just a follow up.  Slide probably stuck due to carpet being taken out causing to be out of adjustment just a tad bit.  With my wife on the retract button and me giving it a little push help on the back corner it now will extract.  With the new floor installed hopefully it will not require the extra little boost. 

Glad it was not a serious problem.

Steve

Steve Funk

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »
After the completed carpet install I still need to give the slide a little boost to get it extended.  Just a little extra push after it has moved 3" or so and out it goes.  This slide was getting a little slow and jerky going out prior to the carpet install but would always make it out without assistance. Is there a method to adjusting or a lubrication needed on the slide?

thanks gang
Steve

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
Mine was doing that and a tech suggested lobbying the slide seals, especially the top.  I did that from the inside and outside and it cured the problem.