Author Topic: Pulling out Refrigerator  (Read 4131 times)

tomchase

Pulling out Refrigerator
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
I'm trying to pull out my refrigerator but it seems to be attached to the floor in the front. It is a residential type. Any ideas what I should look for? Thank You, Tom Chase  05 Marquis 40 ft

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Re: Pulling out Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:33:17 AM »
Tom I have an 06 and there are two screws in the top. You may have to peel back the carpet to see them. Good Luck.

BK
2006 Marquis

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:27 AM »
Tom,
Found out when we removed our residential for a newer one, there was an indentation on the floor which the front wheels of the refrigerator sat.  We had to lift it up and pull at the same time.  Not a fun act, but it held it from rolling side to side and in place.
On our Samsung we found a very nice latch for the upper doors that has a flip catch on it.  DW really likes it.  Just be careful when putting anything into the doors as coolant goes throughout the doors also.  Have seen some who had to buy new ones because they put a hole in the coolant lines in the doors.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 03:08:23 AM »
While on this thread, does anyone know what Beaver provided to support the residential refrig option? Extra coach batteries (4 x 6v were standard) Addl inverter? Our coach, a 2005 Pat Thunder Lexington (40' w/ tag{the Sports car model} has a build sheet that includes the res refer, but it was equipped with the Norcold. Wondering where the extra batteries would go? 2 might fit next to the coach batteries, but then you would have to find room for the two chassis batteries. Wondering still.....
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 06:51:46 AM »
Bill
Recheck your original invoice.  Perhaps it was optional and then deleted  in favor of the Norcold?
In '07 the residential fridge option included AGM batteries but no additional inverter.  The extra batteries were installed in the rear most compartment on the passenger side with a Kwikee battery tray.  They also cut two holes in the forward cokpartment wall for vents.
I believe all were 6 volt AGMs  with 4 in each bay.  Ours were replaced with two Interstate D-4s in each bay at 12 volts.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »
Keith, On our 40', to the rear of the batteries is the muffler! Too hot in there for batteries. Just wondering if anyone with a 40' has the factory residential option?
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

tomchase

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
Thank You Bobby and Roy for the information. Will try tomorrow to pull the ref. out. Thanks again Tom