Author Topic: Stop engine light on my 2003 Contessa has come on.  (Read 5479 times)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Re: Stop engine light on my 2003 Contessa has come on.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 02:42:57 AM »
William, your engine ECM is located middle or just near rear of engine block. There should
Be a filter in the near middle and sensor should be located real close toward the top of filter
facing toward front of engine is facing rear of motor home. Note it is right on block and only sticking out about 2 inches. On Year 2002 and earlier location is same side of engine but under the
Electric fuel pump at rear of block, but you indicated your engine is 2003 model.
Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

William Harmon

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
Dave, I really appreciate all the information you provided but I still have not found the Atmospheric Pressure Sensor.  I have a doctors appointment this afternoon but will be trying to locate sensor Friday. WBH

William Harmon

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Dave, does look like the Barometric Pressure Sensor???  It is located directly below the ECM. Is there a special tool to remove the plug in?

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 12:19:55 AM »
William, cannot tell where the main wire harness is in picture and pig tail running to sensor,
it looks like the sensor we are talking about. There is a snap lock clip on the top side of sensor
that has locking wire clip to hold wire in place. Send me your email address and I will send
Information straight off Cummins Insite. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

William Harmon

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 01:07:15 AM »
Thanks Dave,  my email address is "brylar@swbell.net"  Ready to get my machine going.  Your help very much appreciated.  WBH