Author Topic: Air suspension on 2003 Montery  (Read 6742 times)

Daryl Beck

Air suspension on 2003 Montery
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
I have a 2003 Montery on a Roadmaster 8 air bag chassis.  After 2 months in storage I went to check on it and found that the air in the suspension had escaped over time as usual but this time the driver side was down but the passenger side was still up.  I bought the coach new and this has never happened before.  Other years it always settled equally in all 4 corners.  Any ideas why this is happening and if it signifies any pending issues.  I haven't noticed any change in the ride.

Jerry and Kay Hudson

Re: Air suspension on 2003 Montery
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 08:46:18 PM »
I had the same thing happen on my 2002 Contessa and it was the passemger side that dropped or the air deflated out of the system. I now will deflate all of the air bags before I store it for more than 4 or five weeks. This way, I know that it will not tip to one side. By it being lower on the passenger side, it ended up damaging my step because I left the step extended. But a liitel effort and I got the step all straightened out and all is well.

Jerry and Kay Hudson
2002 Beaver Contessa

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »
I have had the same thing happen on our 2002 Thunder (leans to the left). I have taken the left rear air valve apart to clean it but no help. Maybe someone else has come up with the answer.  Marty

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
We had the problem with air distribution blocks they have push in O ring seal air hose connections and developed a leak in the front. A single supply hose goes to the ride height valve in the front and then 4 air supply hoses to the four front air bags and to the two rear ride height valves with two supply hoses to the four air bags in the rear. Rear has two valves (one for each side.

A leak from between the ride height valve and the connections to the valve or air bags  will drop the whole front or one side of the rear to drop. If you can check out these connections by ear and leak detection fluid (soapy water) to locate the air loss point.

In our case the diesel mechanic made a new air distribution block out of air compression fittings.