Author Topic: Chassis Type?  (Read 2455 times)

Andrew Bruemmer

• BAC Member
Chassis Type?
« on: August 13, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »
How can I tell what chassis I have on my 2002 Beaver Contessa?  I'm just finding out about a trailing arm issue affecting certain Roadmaster chassis.  I know I have a Roadmaster chassis but how I do I find out the exact type?
2002 Beaver Contessa 40 Tuscany - 3 slides
Cummins ISL 370
2012 Chevy Equinox Toad
Blue OX Avail tow bar
SMI Air Force One

Russ Mann

Re: Chassis Type?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
Compare your VIN to the attached .pdf and you will find information about your coach chassis.
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Bruemmer

Andrew Bruemmer

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »
THANK YOU!!!  Looks like I have M8R, M8S or M10S M-Series which is the not type that has this issue from what I have found out so far.
Cummins ISL 370
2012 Chevy Equinox Toad
Blue OX Avail tow bar
SMI Air Force One

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »
Andrew,
The only Beaver branded coach that was affected by the trailing arm breakage issue that you are referring to is the 4 air bag Baron, that was produced by Monaco in their Indiana plant.

Gerald

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Bruemmer

Andrew Bruemmer

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »
That is good to know.  This came up because I had to have an emissions test for Colorado and the guy showed me on the dyno that the back end was towards the passenger side and not straight.  Then showed me that the driver side rear tires are a little more towards the front in the wheel well than the passenger side.  One issue that came up when I looked into what might cause that (since I have no idea) was this trailing arm issue.  That seemed to be the most severe due to a safety issue so wanted to check that possibility first. Glad that isn't the problem.  Other issues are needing a 4 wheel alignment or worn bushing somewhere in there.
Cummins ISL 370
2012 Chevy Equinox Toad
Blue OX Avail tow bar
SMI Air Force One