Author Topic: Bend Oregon RV Services  (Read 3900 times)

Dale Barham

• BAC Member
Bend Oregon RV Services
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
Just sold our home and will be full-timing in September.   Looking for an RV shop that knows our rig, 2001 Patriot Thunder,  can check out all systems (especially hydraulics and air), give us some basic owner maintenance tips, install a ladder, add a bedroom fan, propane plumbing for BBQ, etc.  Has anyone used Advantage RV Repair or Bend RV Repair?  Other suggestions?  Beaver Coach is our go to for real problems, but hard to get into and spendy.  Thanks!
Dale & Sue Barham
With Vizslas Lux & Gypsy, & Cat Tweety
2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Bend Oregon RV Services
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »
Dale,
Bend RV Service is a BAC sponsor and has gotten good reviews from members. See  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,5250.0.html
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:37 PM »
Beaver Coach Sale and Service has the best shop around"Bob Tiffin" I personally have used Beaver Coach Sale/Service for 10 years they have always made me happy. Jeff at Bend RV Service is also top of the line but not a full package like BCS&S   
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:16:12 PM »
Bend RV Repair and Advantage RV are right up there with BCS and RV Outfitters for reputation.  You wouldn't go wrong with Jeff at Bend RV Repair, but be forewarned they can be as hard to get an appt. with as BCS.  We've not had service work at Tom Halter's Advantage ourselves, but many here report great results there.  If waiting to get in did not tax my patience, I'd make a precise list of my needs and get quotes and timelines from all three.  They all involve former Beaver Coach employees with customer service and quality work foremost in mind, and reputations to uphold.  They all support this club.

I've not had service from All Seasons RV on the other side of Hwy 97, but have purchased things there and enjoyed banter with the owner and useful advice;  so that might be an option if I was rushed and depending on the service needed, as some things require very experienced attention I'd have more confidence in from those off Boyd Acres Rd.

Generally for all that you want done, I'd allow the timeline to have BCS, Jeff, or Tom do it and know it's done right.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Dale Barham

Dale Barham

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 12:51:43 AM »
Perfect.  Just wanted to be sure we weren't going to try out a place with a bad reputation.  Joel, your advice is right on!
Dale & Sue Barham
With Vizslas Lux & Gypsy, & Cat Tweety
2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2011 Honda CRV Toad