Author Topic: "Wood-tape"  (Read 8839 times)

Per Mogensen

"Wood-tape"
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:13:25 PM »
I'm looking for some tape (1" wide) that looks like Cherry wood. We used to have some tape on the front of the cabinet for the Front TV. I cut 4 inches of the bottom and reused all the existing wood parts. But the front assembly was covered with a type of plastic tape that looked like Cherry wood. Anyone that know where you can purchase this?

This is the new look of the cabinet.

The bottom part where the tape is needed

I have been many different places, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Hobby Lobby and more, but all places have the edging wood veneer, but not a foldable plastic tape.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:22:47 PM by 14 »

LEAH DRAPER

Re: "Wood-tape"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »
You might try a cabinet shop for a possible solution.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »
You might try Greg Fulton at Greg Fulton Fine Woodworking in Bend Oregon. Greg was a cabinetmaker for the Beaver factory in Bend for years and he has owned his own shop, specializing in RV woodworking for about 15 years. So if it is available, he probably knows were to get it.

Gerald    

Per Mogensen

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Thanks, I will try give him a call today. I found his information here I hope.
http://www.orforestdirectory.com/companies/profile/854

Per Mogensen

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
Talked with Greg, very nice guy. Directed me to this site.
https://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2213&Max=999

Looks like it was exactly what i needed.

Thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:24:54 AM »
I think I'd get a half inch square or other appropriate size wood piece (cherry-stained pine has worked for me), long enough to extend across the enclosure, rout or dado a channel to cover that exposed panel edge, and fasten it up there instead of tape.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

-Joel  
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:26:39 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »
A browsing trip through the Home Depot moulding department will probably find some 1/2 inch L shaped moulding that could be stained and cover the crack.  The tape could be used on the edges of the plywood.
Larry

Mike.Way

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 01:37:50 AM »
Woodcraft sells several varieties of wood tape.  This is used in covering raw plywood edges or other materials.  It is often an iron on.

Mike

Per Mogensen

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »
I found some pressure sensitive veneer that can be stained and looks like can also bend the 100 degrees that is required with almost a sharp edge.

remember my Dad used some in Denmark 30 years back. Looked like wood, but was sheets of vinyl. I have not tried making it work yet. Sems I lost the small can of stain some where in the RV. the only thng I remember is that I but it in a very good place where it would not end spilling out :-)