Author Topic: Living room slide.  (Read 4423 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Living room slide.
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:49:21 AM »
Leaving Beaumont, Texas on our way to San Antonio, the living room slide did not operate first time.  After switching coach power off and back on it worked.  Arriving in New Braunfels, TX, it refused to open.  I guessed wrongly it was the switch.  Removing the switch by the front door is easy. It tested out fine so I pulled more of the wiring out to check it, and found an inline 15 amp automotive fuse.  I pulled it out and reinserted it. The slide then worked perfectly and continues to do so.
Perhaps this "cure" will work for the bedroom slide which works, but is rather slow!!
After finding so many of the halogen ceiling light connecters corroded, I think the first thing we should suspect, if something doesnt work, is the connectors.  Ultimately I will be replacing these spade connectors with Ancor marine quality units .
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:10:50 AM by 14 »

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Living room slide.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
If you have an amp meter check the voltgage at the fuse or slide motor if possible. You may have some other corroded connections that are decreasing the voltage causing your slow operation problem.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:18:48 AM by 14 »

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
  Richard and Babs,
  I do have a test meter on board.  I will check the motor and the electromagnetic brake next time we turn the mattress .  
 As far as these spade connectors are concerned though......they are inferior quality and very prone to the sailor's electrical plague  known as "the green gunge"  !!  Electric motors do not like to run on lower than spec voltage .They tend to overheat and burn out.
     Thanks for the tips.   Jeremy and Jane

2000 Marquis Amethyst C12   in New Braunfels TX for Christmas en route to Cabo San Lucas.

Bruce Benson

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:49:04 AM »
Connector corrosion is a problem on my coach as well.