Author Topic: HWH Panel Problem  (Read 3931 times)

JimNCheryl Domenoe

HWH Panel Problem
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »
Just today I tried to use the HWH system to level the coach with the airbags and when I tried to turn on the system, the only thing that happened was that all of the lights on the panel lit up for as long as I pushed on a button.  When I release the button, the lights go out.  This is only happening on the driver side interior panel.  The panel in the curb side rear compartment works fine. 

Has anyone else encountered this?  What does this indicate?  Is it necessarily a bad panel, or could there be another cause (and cure)?  Getting ready to hit the road on an extended trip and would like to figure it out.

I have taken no potential corrective action at this point.  Thanks!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: HWH Panel Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »
Jim,
Sounds like a bad panel. May want to try switching panels with rear and see if problem follows panel. If not, then I'd suspect control box below panel. I had a similar problem with an IDS system. Might check w/HWH. Panels are avail on ebay and/or NW RV Supply
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

JimNCheryl Domenoe

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »
Thanks Steve.  I just got off the phone with Ken at BCS and he had the same advice.  I plan on swapping them this evening.  I will post the results. 

If that solves it for now, I will look for a new panel.

JimNCheryl Domenoe

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »
OK, so the first lesson is you should always take an initial look at things before writing in the forum.  I took the screws out of the driver side control panel and when I lifted it up, the connector and wiring fell into the hole.  Apparently the connector was working its way off and was not securely fastened to the panel.  I re-secured the connector and, voila, it works just fine. 

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the suggestions.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 12:47:36 AM »
Hey, don't complain! That's a heck of a lot easier than finding a new panel, etc. :)
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 03:41:23 AM »
OK, so the first lesson is you should always take an initial look at things before writing in the forum.  I took the screws out of the driver side control panel and when I lifted it up, the connector and wiring fell into the hole.  Apparently the connector was working its way off and was not securely fastened to the panel.  I re-secured the connector and, voila, it works just fine. 

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the suggestions.

Isn't it great to have something happen that is an easy fix. We have enough real issues most of the time!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

mike groves

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »
Sorry I got to this too late to help but I've had 2 separate issues with my HWH.  The first was as described and the fix was as described - reconnect the panel.  The other one was also a loose connector but it was in the control unit in the electrical cabinet - basement below the driver.  So, if you run into an inoperative panel again and its NOT the panel connector check for another loose connector in the box itself.  You'll have to open the box and look inside as the connection is not outside the box.

I am surprised that BCS suggested swapping out the panel first thing as this is a very common issue and has happened to me 3 or 4 times.  I guess I need to somehow tighten that connection with some tape maybe.

Mike