Author Topic: Aqua hot cast metal repair?  (Read 2672 times)

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
Aqua hot cast metal repair?
« on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:50 PM »
Good morning all,I am wondering if anyone has an opinion or experience with the cast metal that incorporates the latch mechanism bolt the motor and burner attach to the burn chamber.I started the diesel burner to check before we head out to Washington and Oregon just because I wanted to make sure all systems were working before the trip.unit fired up but all white smoke pouring out of tailpipe was a sure sign I had some work to do,I figured a new nozzle would be in order as everything else seemed fine.Well when I took the cover off to access the burner and nozzle I noticed the unit hanging and a closer look revealed that the housing where the latch is supposed to flip over the bolt and be tightened was broken off.My question is will J B Weld reattach the piece and hold or am I destined to be buying a new assembly.This is on a AHE-130-00X unit. :'(
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180

Gerald Farris

Re: Aqua hot cast metal repair?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
Joe,
I would say that there is little to no chance that JB Weld will hold. However, a good welding shop may be able to weld it (heli-arck).

Gerald

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
Thanks Gerald I was afraid of that, I did see a web sight that list them for about $150.00 and I might go that route but I'll have to have someone change it out since I'm afraid its beyond my ability to pull the unit apart.I wonder if BCS would do it since I have an appointment there in September.I'll give them a call.
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180

Orman Claxton

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
using JB weld is a waste of time, Replace the whole housing, DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN