Author Topic: Slide Room Hydraulics  (Read 2045 times)

Bob Bulot

Slide Room Hydraulics
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »
Latest problem:  The slide rooms have stopped working (All four and the Gen slideout).  When any of the buttons are pushed, the electric motor can be heard running, but the rooms work (a) slow (b)stutter or (c) don't move at all.  When the room isn't moving, the motor spins free like it has no load on it.  When it does move. the motor bogs down under the load. 

In short, it is acting like its out of/low on fluid.  I removed the cap on top of the reservoir and added about a quart of ATF, but this hasn't helped.  If this pump was low, do I have to bleed the system to reprime it?

Gerald Farris

Re: Slide Room Hydraulics
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Bob,
You should not need to bleed the system to prime it, just be sure that the system is full. If you have lost over a quart of fluid, there is a leak that probably needs to be corrected.

Most 06 Marquis coaches have two hydraulic pumps, a Power Gear pump for the jacks and a HWH pump for the hydraulic slides. Are you sure that you checked the right pump reservoir?

Gerald

Bob Bulot

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »
Gerald!  Where were you yesterday while I was working on the wrong pump? 

I kept adding ATF to the wrong tank until the tank ran over with no improvement.  I should have wondered more why the picture of the slide pump in the manual didn't look anything like the one I was working on.  Part of the problem was that the slide pump is below and behind the jack pump so, when the slide button is pushed, the jack pump sounds like it is running.

Once I found the right pump, I filled the tank and we're camping again. 

I really love my Marquis.  It has more "personality" than my previous Monacos, but I don't understand why there are so many examples of poor engineering.  From a bathroom door that trapped me in the bedroom, to a television that can't be removed from the cabinet in the bedroom to a pump system that is so buried as to be almost impossible to work on, it seems like the engineers didnt always think things through. 

Now to try and figure out why the tank was empty on the slide pump......grrrr!

Thanks again Gerald.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 01:23:10 AM »
Bob,
Sorry about that, but yesterday was a travel day and I have been in Western Michigan where my Verizon data plan has been from poor to nonexistent when it comes to internet access.

Gerald