Author Topic: Aux air compressor not coming on  (Read 4151 times)

Will Hansen

• BAC Member
Aux air compressor not coming on
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:22:42 PM »
We have Valid air leveling and a Thomas aux compressor. Until recently, the aux compressor has automatically come on to recover air pressure lost to the usual air leaks so the Valid controller could continue to keep us level. Now the aux compressor has stopped coming on so I've got to start the engine, bring air pressure up and re-level myself.

I tested that the compressor itself is ok using a 12v battery.  I also sent power through the pressure switch and again the compressor came on (as expected as pressure is currently low). So I'm thinking a fuse is blown preventing power to the pressure switch.

I've checked for blown fuses in the electrical bay under the drivers seat and find none per the fuse list I have. I don't see any fuses or relays in back of the Valid control panel.  (All buttons on the panel seem to work properly.)

And I don't see a schematic in the Valid/Trueline installation info on the BAC website that gives any info about powering the aux compressor.  All the Valid sensors and controller box seem pretty sealed and I see no external fuses anywhere.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm about ready to call Valid.

Thanks!
-Will

Will and Carla Hansen
Zoe the Yorkie-Pom (ol' Eagle Bait)
2007 Contessa Laguna
C9 400hp Cat
2015 RAM 1500

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Re: Aux air compressor not coming on
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:35:19 AM »
Will, sorry to see you havent received any feed back on your question. We have not experienced your problem, however Valid tech support has helped me in the past with good results. My only suggestion is to trace the connections from the Valid control panel forward down to the outside bay under drivers seat as we found wire connecters loose that caused our problems. Please post what you determine to be the cause of your compresser not activating. Thanks
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 02:09:39 AM »
Will,
Looking at my diagrams, fuses 43-46, 50 and 73 impact leveling compressor(s). 46 may be the one you are looking for. If no joy, you may want to call Monaco tech support and get the dwg for the Valid compressor wiring.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Will Hansen

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »
All those fuses are good Steve. Thank you though. And remember from our step close-out adventure my 07 Contessa seems to be wired strangely.  Anyway, to update...

I submitted a request for tech documentation on the Monaco website and received "In regards to your inquiry, unfortunately we would not have the information you have requested. The Beaver brand of coaches were purchased by Monaco, then Monaco was purchased from bankruptcy by REV.  We would have very limited information on the Beaver brand; unfortunately we do not have the information you are trying to locate.  I will need to refer you to a dealership for further assistance."

Like I didn't know that. This seems like she's telling me all the tech documents didn't survive the change of ownership which does not seem reasonable.  I appealed and got an abbreviated version of this same reply.  Sheesh!

I then called the very nice folks at Valid and of course since they didn't actually wire my coach could only offer some high level info. That is, I should be looking for a 20 amp fuse and, if Monaco/Beaver stayed on the sidewalk during the install, that fuse would be in a Valid-branded fuse box. I have not run across such a box and will continue looking. And tomorrow I'll pull and test every 20 amp fuse in my electrical bay. It sure looks like the loomed wire pair coming from my compressor disappear straight into my electrical bay.

I'll keep you posted but if anyone actually has a Valid fuse box I'd love to hear about it.

TIA
-Will
Will and Carla Hansen
Zoe the Yorkie-Pom (ol' Eagle Bait)
2007 Contessa Laguna
C9 400hp Cat
2015 RAM 1500

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:37:56 AM »
When I bought my coach 3 years ago I called Monaco.  They emailed me the original spec sheet and schematics on items I was troubleshooting at the time.  They had it then!  Try BCS.  I know they bought a lot of the rights and such to the Beaver qame back.  Maybe they have all the other info also.  Good luck. 
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Dan Murphy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 03:44:31 AM »
When I was experiencing problems with my Valid system I did find fuses located on the control panel when I pulled it out of the driver side armrest. I talked to Valid support a couple times and finally ended up purchasing a new controller on e-bay to fix my problem.If I remember correctly our coach would not go into travel mode.