Author Topic: Torque arm bushings.  (Read 2838 times)

Paulhowell

Torque arm bushings.
« on: September 09, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »
I took my 1999 Patriot Thunder (Cat C12 and Magnum chassis) in for service at Massey Diesel in Phoenix. The torque arm bushings  on the rear axle need replacing as they are worn. We can't seem to acquire suitable replacements. I called BCS and Mike said they don't have any as his prior vendor quit producing them. I suppose I will have to take the torque arms to some of the local machine shops and see if they have a suitable bushing replacement unless someone has a known replacement suggestion.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Torque arm bushings.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
Paul, I am surprised that Tom@ Massey didn't offer options he's a pretty smart guy, you may want to try Hendersen lineup in Grants pass, they would specialize in this type of work.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Paulhowell

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:40:01 PM »
Thanks Jerry!  I'll try them on Monday.

Paul.

Pat Long

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:02:27 AM »
Paul,   I looked at my application and may have the same torque rod ends that you have.  2000 Beaver Marquis Magnum chassis.  Came across this company http://www.atrobushing.com/category/trailer-torque-rod/trailer-parts/, and found this part which looks to be a replacement press in replacement.  http://www.atrobushing.com/item/fa96452/truck-rear-suspension/.   I have no way of measuring my application without pulling out the rod end.  If you are going to replace yours then they have to come out to measure.   Just my 2 cents.   When you get your answer, could you Please post I am curious to find the answer.

Thank You,

Pat

Paulhowell

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Thanks Pat!  I'll check on that this week. It looks like they will have a bushing that will work. BAC will start carrying the new torque arms in a few weeks but they will cost $600-$800 each. The bushing will only cost approximately $40 or $50 apiece so that will be far cheaper as they should be easy to press into the old torque arm. I'll let you know what I find out and thanks again.
Paul.