Author Topic: Pressure water leak  (Read 4224 times)

Al Lewis

Pressure water leak
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »
My 02 Monterey has developed a water leak that causes the pump to burp every minute and a half. Water drips from under the water bay where all the cutoff valves are behind the panel. How do I get access to this area?  Looks to be extremely difficult since all is sealed up. I have never opened the big panel on the passenger side but doubt I could crawl all the way to the driver side where the valves are.

Roy C Tyler

Re: Pressure water leak
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:51:45 PM »
On my 03, you just remove the screws and break the seal around the panel. Be careful when you pull the panel out as all the valves have hoses connected to them.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
Al,
You probably have a valve (the plastic valves do crack) or water line connection to the valve that is leaking. You will need to remove the panel where the valves are to repair the leak. The valves are connected to the panel with 4 straps that are difficult to remove and replace, but almost anyone can do it with enough time and patience.

Ed Buker posted the description of a modification that he designed to make the panel removal and installation much easier is you are interested.

Gerald

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
If it is the same leak I had, I ended up fixing it with this kit from Roger Berke: 

It uses slip on fittings and you cut the pipe as needed to fit your particular alignment of fittings.    The slip on parts are available elsewhere, but the kit made it convenient. 

Al Lewis

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:15:19 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your help. Additioonal data. I turned all valves off an the leak still exists.  The water pump burps are more frequent and shorter duration. This tells me the leak would be on the supply side. Are all these valves necessary? The only valve I have used in 12 years I'd the tank fill. I may just bypass the leaker.

I was unsuccessful in finding info from Ed Buker using the search box.  If someone can help me find his info I would appreciate it.

I guess I just need to get my courage up and start taking screws out. I worry that all will start leaking after I pull the panel out.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
Here is a link to the pictures and method I used to re-affix the water manifold to the back of the water bay panel.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,6981.msg50054.html#msg50054

I am looking for Ed's pictures and will post the link to his method ASAP.

Found it:  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,462.msg2476.html#msg2476
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:31:55 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Sprague

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:47:30 PM »
My post about the repair kit was a mistake.  I thought the issue was a water leak under the Hydro/Aqua Hot.   That said, I took that panel off several time to track plumbing, leaks and cables. 

The first time I took it apart, I carefully replaced all the caulking.   That was a mistake!  Once I cleaned up all the calking on the second panel removal I didn't replace the calk.  After that, access was much easier. 

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
I recently had a leak behind the access panel and had to get behind it. It took a while to remove the sealant around the panel, but then it would come out enough to see all the fittings.Luckily it was just a loose connector for the shower line. Tightened it and it stopped the leak. I also had a leak on the passenger side near the black tank, ended up being the connector for the saniflush water line had broken off. A new fitting and it was fixed.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Ron Johnson

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
I had a leak behind the access panel which I was hoping was the city water fixture .. and it was! So unscrewed the old fixture, pulled it out enough to detach it from the water line  and attached the new one ... leak gone. So I was lucky. I have a wierd low pitched whine now whenever the water is used [ not the pump] but I can live with that .. for now.

Al Lewis

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »
I believe I have it fixed and back together. Once I found the leak the repair was easy. It happened to be the end cap of the hot water manifold was cracked. Put a new one on and all is well. Beaver certainly did not worry about maintainability in the water department. I guess 15 years without a problem there is good. They would like for me to buy a new coach by now.

I chose to saw the plastic panel in half vertically and then saw the left piece in half horizontally.  I think Beaver should have done this initially. Now when the tank valves need replaced or I get another water leak it will not be so hard. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 09:33:24 PM »
Excellent idea, Al. Noted for the future. I have 3 years to go for the 15 years to be concluded. I hope mine is as good as yours...or better!  :)
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad