Author Topic: Tire Rotation  (Read 2385 times)

jeffprupis

Tire Rotation
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
What is the general advice on (Toyo) tire rotation? Front to back?, Left to right? Mileage? TIA

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Tire Rotation
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
I don't rotate my coach tires.  My thought is tire rotation is for when one or more tires are wearing unevenly.  Since our tires wear very little, there is no reason to rotate them.  The two caveats are 1) if a tire or tires are showing uneven wear, then rotate them and get the reason for uneven wear fixed, and 2) since we have different sized tires between the steering axle and dual/tag axles, we must be careful where we rotate to/from between/on axles.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

William Jordan

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »
I second the never rotate unless there is a problem. You rotate to even tire wear and get as many miles as possible from a set. These are 150000 + mile tires and you will never wear them out before they age out !

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:14:50 AM »
Jeff,
I agree with Bill and David. There is absolutely no reason to rotate the tires on your coach as part of a preventive maintenance program. It will be expensive since you only have 4 aluminum wheels with steel wheels on both inner drivers. So rotating the tires like you do on your car will involve dismounting and remounting tires for virtually no benefit.

Gerald

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »
Ditto here.  Most, including Bob Dickman's Les Schwab that installed my Toyos, and I believe BCS advise not to rotate.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell