Author Topic: 2001 Patriot SMC Leveling Control Panel  (Read 5865 times)

RebeccaKlein

2001 Patriot SMC Leveling Control Panel
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:12:09 PM »
I am in need of a replacement control panel for my SMC leveling system. I've recently replaced the back leveling jacks (last year). My control panel has stopped responding completely. Does anyone have one they want to sell or, can the system be replaced using the current jacks?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: 2001 Patriot SMC Leveling Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:38:18 AM »
You can find these control panels on Visone RV Salvage on their website. They are from wrecked Rv's. Here is their website:

http://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/

copy and paste this in your browser....
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

RebeccaKlein

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »
Great resource. They have every kind of control panel except mine unfortunately. I will keep the page for future needs. Thank you!!!

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
Your system can be changed over to a manual leveling system by a good mechanic.  Mine was when I bought it in 2014.  I think HWH will do it also.  Mine was done in Orlando FL.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »
It's not unheard of here to read of the issue just being time and road-loosened connections on the back of the panel.  Beyond checking that, consider taking the panel to an electronics repair shop.  A circuit board device, capacitor or resistor, etc, that's less than a dollar may be (probably is) all that needs replacing.  And many times I've simply resoldered only-seen-with-a-magnifying-lens micro-cracked solder joints to restore an appliance or other device.  Micro- or nano- cracks in solder joints occur especially with devices that heat and cool repeatedly, but bouncing down roads for years doesn't help either.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Joe Moreschi

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:15:30 PM »
Joel's response is well worth investigating. I had issues with my panel, and a technician unscrewed it and upon pulling it out, discovered that one of the multi-pin plugs was completely disconnected. Panel work fine following.