Author Topic: HWH Slideout Mechanism  (Read 3099 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
HWH Slideout Mechanism
« on: September 18, 2017, 02:46:43 AM »
The two slideouts on our passanger side are HWH mechanisms operated by the hydraulic pump with the jacks.  The rear slide makes an awful racket when moving.  It sounds like draging tension cables.  I dug into it some and there are two arms with cables on each side.  They open inward when slide is retracted and fold against the inner wall when slide is extended.
The slide is misaligned top to bottom about 1 1/2 inches because the bottom does not extend fully.  There is light around the bottom and in the lower corners so heat escapes and water enters.  Lastly the bottom of the slide is easily pushed inside which HWH says is bad.
BCS is trying to help but space is rare in their shop just now. 
Looking for suggestions.  Took 6 weeks to hear from HWH tech.
Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Lee Welbanks

Re: HWH Slideout Mechanism
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:00 AM »
Keith, Give Stuart's Service a call they are a HWH service rep shop, if I remember correctly Chuck usually answers the phone. They have helped me with my leveling and slides, also they usually have or can get HWH parts quick. Great service, I only called HWH once never got a return call. Also Stuart's parts and way lower in cost than BCS.
 800-826-6267  or 574-262-0225
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
Thanks Lee,  the only problem is they are in Elkhart and We in Western Wa. 
Could you describe the problem you were having and what they did for it if you know?  Do you know the type of slide mechanism (ie) side arms or bottom scissors and chain?
How in the heck does a company like HWH have this kind of customer service? 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:47:11 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
We had a tire blow out that ruptured the hydraulic lines to the slide outs. The bedroom passenger slide came out partially, and crooked, with the loss of pressure. My RV repair shop made many calls to Bend Service Center trying to get the room realigned with out success. Was finally told last week this is "factory only repair" and we have to take the coach to Bend, OR so they can remove the wall slide, replace the kinked scissor jack, then put the walll back in! Called last week and first available appointment is the end of November!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »
Leon where are you located now?
BCS generally will work you in if you are travelling explain your situation to Ken in Service or you could also explain you problem to Ty Kelly. I know they always try to help folks that are in a fix.   
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 02:32:34 AM »
We have been in touch with BCS and they are willing to try to get us in if we are willing to wait a couple weeks on the lot.  We have chosen not to but they have always done everything they could for us!
With bent arms on the mechanism it seems the best option if you can get there.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
Thanks Lee,  the only problem is they are in Elkhart and We in Western Wa. 
Could you describe the problem you were having and what they did for it if you know?  Do you know the type of slide mechanism (ie) side arms or bottom scissors and chain?
How in the heck does a company like HWH have this kind of customer service?
Keith, Did you give Stuart's a call? They might know of another place that can take care of the problem. The only slide problem I had was the the pass room slide would creep out, replace the retract solenoid valve fixed it.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
Lee
I did call Stewarts.  I called a couple times and left messages but never heard back.  I did find a certified shop in Wa.  Thanks for the referral.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!