Author Topic: Top front and rear marker clearance lights question  (Read 1932 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Top front and rear marker clearance lights question
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Has anyone ever modified their clearance light lenses to try and reduce or eliminate the cracking on the top from the sun?

On my Contessa they all stick out so they bake in the sun. It seems like I have to replace them every year, or some of them anyhow. I was just curious.....
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Top front and rear marker clearance lights question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
I try (but usually fail) to put a UV resistant wax on every year.  Ideally 2-3 times a year would be best given most UV products break down after a few weeks, especially if you are mostly in sun country.   I've thought perhaps multiple coats of UV resistant spray-can clear coat might help, but you'd think lens manufacturers would make more resistant products from the get-go.

A couple possibilities to try are Krylon UV Resistant Clear, perhaps more available at craft stores but a subsidiary of PPG and considered good stuff, or Eastwood Diamond Clear   http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-diamond-clear-dtm-and-painted-surfaces-aerosol.html

Joel
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:48:44 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat