Author Topic: 1991/92 Marquis Vent Fan Information  (Read 2523 times)

Keith Phillips

• BAC Member
1991/92 Marquis Vent Fan Information
« on: May 10, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »
When we got our Marquis we did not get any manuals. We have 2 vent fans one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. They appear to be Fantastic fans. The coupling  teeth between the cover lift motor and the lift arm on the bathroom vent are worn and the cover won't lift. I have talked to a few "rv parts people" and if the computer doesn't have enough information it can't help figure out the model of the fan. I can't find a number anywhere on either fan. The lift arm appears to be the problem but it has a limit switch installed on it to open only so far. I can't find a lift arm with a switch anywhere. I would like to keep the fan controls that are on the side of the vanity operational. If anyone has a model number or manual with information on these fans I would appreciate it. I would change the fan out completely but again I would like to be able to use the original switches to control it and when I explain this to RV parts people they don't understand and suggest the I put a remote controlled fan in instead. Thanks Keith
Keith & Anna Mae Phillips
1992 Beaver Marquis 325 hp 3176 Cat (Jan 2017-Apr 2023)
1991 Beaver Baronet  250 hp 3116 Cat (Feb 2014-Jan 2017)
USCG CWO4 Ret.
Graham WA

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
Re: 1991/92 Marquis Vent Fan Information
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »
Keith...We have a '90 Marquis with Fantastic fans also in the kitchen and bathroom.  I don't know if Fantastic Fan is still located in Michigan or if someone else bought them out.
On my parts list it states that part # 1050 is the lift arm assembly and #1060 is the Interior lift knob extension screw. 
BCS may have the phone number for their operation.  Also, Northwest Supply in Oregon may have some of those parts.  Good luck.
Also, sometimes there is a Fantastic fan exhibitor at the FMCA national convention where you can get parts.  Don't know if they will be at Gillette, WY or not.  Hope this helps.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 11:05:04 PM »
Keith,
When I purchased my 2002, all three Fantastic Fans had serious problems ranging from bad lift motors to inoperative rain sensors. The repair that I opted for was to install upgrade assemblies to each fan. https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/upgrade-kit-803359

The upgrade kit came with the necessary switches, lift motor, sensors, and circuit board. To keep the Beaver wall switches active, I just disconnected the lift switch on the fan and ran it through the Beaver installed wall switch. The only thing that I do not like about this kit is that if the cover is closed by the rain sensor, it will not reopen after it dries unless you cycle the lift motor switch.

Gerald   

Keith Phillips

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
Thanks for the help, finally got someone at Dometic, Fantastic vent that guided me to order a new lift motor and arm. They will get to me in a few days. They are supposed to replace/upgrade mine. Thanks again for the responses. Keith
Keith & Anna Mae Phillips
1992 Beaver Marquis 325 hp 3176 Cat (Jan 2017-Apr 2023)
1991 Beaver Baronet  250 hp 3116 Cat (Feb 2014-Jan 2017)
USCG CWO4 Ret.
Graham WA

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »
On these fans some new owners don’t cycle them often enough or keep the topside surfaces clean.  When fully and tightly closed, the lid can stick down when left that way through the seasons.  The next time someone tries to open them, the resistance results in stripped motor drives.  The company includes surface treatment (Aerospace brand I think) with repair kits, but I found the best practice is to not leave the coach stored with snugged down lids... close them and then reverse and take the tension off or leave them imperceptibly “cracked”.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat