Author Topic: Hydro Hot  (Read 1708 times)

Christopher Clark

Hydro Hot
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:38:10 PM »
I have a 2002 Monterey w/HHE-500-06M. The exhaust exits the floor of the compartment with threaded iron pipe ending with a outside diameter of 1-7/8".  The exhaust then is adapted to rectangular steel 3 x 1.5. I am in need of a new adaptor, the original has rusted out. Is this adaptor a Hydro Hot part or something Beaver had fabricated?  Also the exhaust starts from curbside and crosses the entire undercarriage to the drivers side, exiting just ahead of rear wheels. Has anyone modified this to a shorter distance?? Curbside exhaust, is that not a good idea??
Thanks for any info/suggestions, Chris 

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Hydro Hot
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
The genset and HH exhaust exit streetside ostensibly to minimize polluting the patio area while camped.  Of course that doesn't help anyone camped on your street side, but typically they're not right next to the exhaust like your patio would otherwise be, and many of us use Genturi pipes to route fumes up and hopefully out of range. 

At least in my experience, it's not hard to find a local muffler shop capable of fabricating or ordering what you need to replace.  Just take the old one with you.  Of course getting corroded exhaust parts off can be a trial. Still worth a shot, and can save money over ordering from RV suppliers.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:34:27 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat