Author Topic: Microwave/Convection Replacement  (Read 1782 times)

Richard Archer

• BAC Member
Microwave/Convection Replacement
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »
I read as many posts on this topic as I could find but didn't find a suggested Brand/Model for a swap out.  I don't want to do carpentry work if I can get away with it so if anyone has a kitchen comparable to mine, I would appreciate your advice/experience.
Thank you,
Rich
2000 Patriot Thunder
40'
Cat C-12 425
Princeton

Doug Allman

Re: Microwave/Convection Replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:39 PM »
IF your Thunder is same as our 2004 Marquis we had a GE Convection microwave, in Black. Due to the year it did not have the ability to bake a cake, etc, so we changed out to a newer GE Convection in 2014, Black. In 2015 we redid the interior of the coach and then again 8 months later we changed out the Black to Stainless to match the new Samsung Refrigerator.

In 2017 we purchased a new Entegra Cornerstone which came with a Whirpool Convection microwave. The wife wants the GE back as she states it is much easier to operate.

Now to do any of this was simply unplug and loosen the 2 bolts along the top front on the microwave. No carpentry necessary. Round about way to answer your question but gives you some info on differing units. I will soon have a slightly used Whirlpool Stainless Convection microwave for sale.

Doug Neal

Re: Microwave/Convection Replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
We also had our GE die. Bought a Frigidaire from Home Depoit on sale for $500.00 in stainless. If you would like the model PM me. I had the duct vented to the outside and that was quite expensive, more than the cost of the micro.