Author Topic: Electric Fuel Pump Report  (Read 1962 times)

Larry Whitaker

Electric Fuel Pump Report
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »
We have a 2006 Monterey Montclair IV with a 400HP CAT C9. I read all the posts about the benefits of installing of the CAT electric fuel pump and decided to get 'er done. I didn't feel equipped to do the work myself and wasn't sure about where to get the work done. I noticed in a post that a member had the work done at Cascade Diesel in North Bend, WA so I called them at 425-888-1886 and talked to Mark, the owner. I told him that I'd bought all parts that were on Dave's list at Ask Dave and we set a date for the install. The total for the parts was about $700 and the install was $500. The difference in operation is amazing! It's like having another gear when cruising and hill climbing and, although I haven't done much of an analysis, fuel mileage seems to have increased a mile per gallon or better. And no more surging either. All Beaver owners need to know about this CAT recommended upgrade and have it installed on their coach. And thanks, Dave!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Mark Bryant

Re: Electric Fuel Pump Report
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:21:11 AM »
Larry
I completely agree! It’s like driving a different coach! On a recent trip of 850 miles to Ohio and back to NW Indiana we got 8.1 mpg.
Thanks Dave

Steve Funk

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:01:28 AM »
Larry I'm glad you got that done and it worked out for you at Cascade Diesel.  I had my coach electric fuel pump done with Cascade too.  I find that Mark and Karen run a very nice business there in North Bend.  He and his guys do all the work that I don't have the skill or guts to do myself. 

Glad to have the surging problem fixed even though I don't think it has improved my fuel mileage as much as it has for you.  BTW I think that is a very fair price to get your coach fixed too. 

Steve

Big thanks to Dave Atherton for sharing his expertise and knowledge on these CAT engines.

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »
GOOD MORNING. I also have decided to have an electric fuel put on my '05 Monterey, however, I rather  not drive to North Bend. What are the recommendations in, near Portland Oregon or other? THANK YOU ALL SO  MUCH.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
There are several Peterson CAT options available, KC, including the one near Broadmoor off Columbia Blvd.  There's another in Salem, one at Longview, and you've been to the one in Eugene.  I like the one in Redmond when in BCS for other service.

Local options:   https://www.cat.com/en_US/support/dealer-locator.html
                       Allow the site access to your location, and in the left column select Parts and Services, also On-highway Truck Engines, then Find Locations.

Joel
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:51:01 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat