Author Topic: Wash and wax?  (Read 8369 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Wash and wax?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
I'm told and the instructions seem to indicate that you can use the dry wash products on the dirtiest of surfaces.  They say that the "stuff" they use encapsulates the dirt and protects the surface.  That may be 100% accurate but I could never see myself spraying heavy dirt and rubbing it around on my painted surface!!  I use Wash Wax All frequently but if the coach is "Alaska" dirty, I wash with good old soap and water first.  On our recent trip to Alaska I think we washed with water about 4 times including once at a Blue Beacon in Arizona or NM on the way to the Balloon festival.  Then Wash Wax All to clean up the streaks and renew the shine before the festival.  Had to look good while parked next to all these "other" coaches!
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Wash and wax?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »
Have to agree with Jerry.  The thought of relying on "encapsulating" mechanics working perfectly just doesn't sit well.  Water and well-foamed suds to lift grit away from the surface seems far more palatable.  Even then, a look at the front cap's softer protective film gives a clue to what could happen to clearcoat.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat