Author Topic: Where is my hot water??  (Read 6855 times)

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
Re: Where is my hot water??
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
Ok.... now I am getting sustained hot water... over 10 minutes hot water in the shower.  The only thing I did was move it out of or RV shelter and into the driveway so I could hook up to water and trouble shoot again with the repair people on the phone.  It started up and operated normally.  Here is my theory.... while parked under the shelter the hydro hot exhaust pile was only about 10 inches away from the shelter wall.  This produced higher temps in that area that may have shut the system down.  Does that make sense?
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Gerald Farris

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 06:36:13 PM »
Fred,
Your theory about the exhaust being 10 inches from the wall causing your problem does not sound reasonable.

Gerald

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »
Fred,
Your theory about the exhaust being 10 inches from the wall causing your problem does not sound reasonable.

Gerald

Yeah, you might be right. It’s just that it is odd how it started working when I moved the motorhome into my driveway in the open air. I just hope it stays working good. Thank you for your response.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 05:28:29 AM »
Hi Fred
Silly things happen sometimes.  Sounds like moving your coach was the equivelant of a swift kick.  Perhaps something was sticking and the movement popped it loose.  That in mind then the first thing I would do is look at the high and low limit switches.
The HH will be a bit different but in the AH there are one each for running on shore power and one each for 12 volt.  When you moved were you still on shore power or did you unplug?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!