Author Topic: What brand and part number for Slider seals?  (Read 5090 times)

Mike Shumack

What brand and part number for Slider seals?
« on: October 17, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
I want to replace the seals on my Slide Outs. The front. driver's side is the worse.

If anyone has info on how the seals attach and what brand/part numbers I need, let me know. I have a 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder Vicksburg (4 slide outs).

On the iRV2 forum I asked this question and was directed to a website that sells seals http://www.cleanseal.com/
but that would require me to remove the seal first to match it to a profile in the catalog. That is okay if I need to do it that way, but I'd rather not take the seal out until I have a new seal to put back in. So any info would be most appreciated.

If anyone has instructions, drawings, experience with this, or knows where to get the correct seals, please let me know.

Thanks.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: What brand and part number for Slider seals?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
My suggestion is to call Beaver Coach Services' (BCS) parts desk in Bend, OR for a reference.  BCS would certainly know.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
Okay.
I didn't know there was a Beaver parts place.
I went to the website and submitted a Parts Inquirery. Thanks.

Is Beaver Coach Service the original manufacture's service center, or just a company that formed to service/support us Beaver owners?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:42:06 PM by Mike Shumack »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:00:50 PM »
BCS (beaver Coach Sales & Service) is almost next to where the old factory was in Bend, Mike.  They sold and serviced Beavers, even after Safari Motor Coach and then Monaco bought the company.  They developed a reputation for customer service and quality workmanship that has kept them immersed in return customers for decades.  When Monaco went belly up, BCS took on the sale of other brands, but it remains to this day the primary place to go for used Beavers and their service or parts.  Last year they bought the copyright to the Beaver name, and we anticipate that one day they will put Beavers back on the market.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
Joel, just FYI, I was there a couple of weeks ago buying things that I won't have to pay a ton of money for shipping on!  Anyway Mike told me that they are looking for land to build the new Beaver Factory on.  Says land is tough to find in that area.  Squirrel!!!  Sorry.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:12 AM »
Mike,
The slide seals are sold by the foot, and they come with the adhesive strip already applied. You just remove the old weather-strip, thoroughly clean off the old adhesive, cut the proper length seal, carefully and evenly apply the new seal, and never splice a seal except at the corner.

Gerald     .     

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:55 AM »
Well, if beaver buys land and builds a new factory and produces new beaver it would be amazing. I would't be interested at my ageand they will be way out of my price range. Unless I win the lottery by then, never know.

But I wish them well.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Mike Shumack

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
Mike,
The slide seals are sold by the foot, and they come with the adhesive strip already applied. You just remove the old weather-strip, thoroughly clean off the old adhesive, cut the proper length seal, carefully and evenly apply the new seal, and never splice a seal except at the corner.

Gerald     .     

I have not received a reply yet from BCS. So I don't know what part number or profile I need (or if they are even available from BCS).
I know I could remove a seal and match to something in the Cleanseal catalog, but if BCS has the OEM seals I'll buy from them.

This is one of the sources that was suggested on the Monaco forum. https://factoryrvsurplus.com/product/ed50470-slide-out-sweep-wtrim-lock/  Does this look like the correct seal for the 2005 Patriot? It's not a "stick-glue on" style. Looking at my seal (still installed) it doesn't look like the one in the link. But it's sort of folded up in the crevice so it's hard to tell.
Do you have a part number and brand name?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:14:33 PM by Mike Shumack »

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »
This slide seal manufacturer may be able to identify what it is you require and suggest a convenient source:

http://www.uni-grip.com
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Gerald Farris

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »
Mike,
The parts department at BCS is very busy and they do not have an employee to just answer the many emails (most of them spam) that they receive, so they try to answer the legitimate emails when they get a break. Your request may be stuck in a spam filter or they may not have gotten around to writing a response, therefore if you want to get information or order parts from BCS, you need to make a call and talk to the parts department and not just send them an email.

Gerald