Author Topic: Cab curtain; cleaning  (Read 1572 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Cab curtain; cleaning
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:18:35 AM »
Our cab drapes are motor operated and work fine, but I'd like to pull them out to have them cleaned. Of course, the motor is sewn into one end of the drapes and the wires all the way thru the drapes. Anyone deal with this?

2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Cab curtain; cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
On a previous coach we had the curtain dry cleaned with great results.  This was the heavy type of curtain where some are unlined and much lighter.  Still worked fine but took some time.
I don't recall if the motor end was hard wired to the cable running through the curtain.  I think we cut it and later reconnected with butt connectors. 
Pull the curtain off the hooks and disconnect the motor power wires.  Be sure to label the wires.
Pull the wire back through the curtain because dry cleaning fluid can damage the wire.
After cleaning use a 3 ft plastic rod with the wire taped to the end to snake the wire back through the curtain and re attach the motor wires.
Cleaning cost us about $80 and was a pain but once done was sure worth it.

Good luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Cab curtain; cleaning
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »
Thanks, Keith, I'll have to go out and check to see if the motor is in a pocket or sewn-in. Thanks for the heads up!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."