Author Topic: Fresh water plumbing description  (Read 2060 times)

Al Lewis

Fresh water plumbing description
« on: October 31, 2017, 12:32:21 AM »
It looks like I need to replace some or all water cutoff valves in the hot and cold manifolds. 2002monterey. What is the size and description of these parts. They use the rubber cone seals. Where do I buy them?

Thanks

Samuel Sperbeck

Re: Fresh water plumbing description
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »
Hi, AL
I got replacement valves from an internet vendor. Type iPlumb.tv and when that comes up type Pex fittings Flair-it Bulk. When that page comes up scroll down to the bottom of the page. The valves I ordered are at the bottom of the right hand column listed as MNFLD VLV 1/2FSWV X 1/2M X 1/2  Stock #06917, Price $11.35 EA

You can but any individual part for those valves. Mine came with white plastic handles but your existing handles fit. Very nice people to deal with and excellent service. I got the lead for this vendor from this forum. I wish I could remember who to thank, so whoever you are, THANK YOU.

Hope this helps, Sam

Al Lewis

Re: Fresh water plumbing description
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
Thanks Sam. I saw some seepage around the stem of some of the hot valves. Does not seem to leak when the valves are on. I have had two recent and separate  failures of the end caps at the bottom of the manifolds. The caps cracked. I believe I have them sealed now using regular pvc caps. Now I can not find leaks but the pump is cycling still. I am thinking the back flow valve in the pump is not sealing. The pump is six years old. Probably time to replace.