Author Topic: Girard Awning motor install  (Read 1885 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Girard Awning motor install
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:45:52 PM »
I received the new awning motor from Girard Saturday and spent most of the day trying to figure it out.

The first thing I realized was that a clip that secures the plastic end cap was missing from the box. So I can't install the new motor today.

I have an email in to Girard for the clip.

Has anyone done the adjustment for the retraction and the extension?

I read where you adjust this by the small allen wrench screws which 1/4 turn is 1 inch of movement.

Hopefully the adjustment will be as simple as the instruction paper says.

The motor is now metal instead of plastic, and there are two studs on the motor to attach the bracket to with locknuts instead of bolts.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Gerald Farris

Re: Girard Awning motor install
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »
LaMonte,
Adjusting the limit switches is the easy part of the job. Loosening the awning mounting bolts and moving the awning out far enough to remove and replace the motor is the hard part of the job.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
I have an interesting issue on the motor.  I seems that mud-dawbing bees got into the awning, and plastered some mud inside, messing up my limit switches.  Any advice on a solution?

Greg Kamper

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
I know this is old, but I'm wondering if you were able repair the motor yourself. I had a problem with my motor last week. The awning extended all the way out and the motor kept running past the end. I stopped it manually and had to retract it by hand. What I didn't realize was that it rolled up the wrong way and when I got to the end it was hard to get in and I didn't know my own strength and snapped the manual crank bell off. Now it's wedged in there and the motor will not release it.