Author Topic: GENERATOR  (Read 4808 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
GENERATOR
« on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »
I have a 2006 beaver Marquis.  Having some Generator problems. It is a 12.5 Quiet
diesel.  Hour meter quit working, only getting 8-9 volts. Generator shuts down after about 20 mins. I do not get any flashes on start switch.  Should the red light stay lite all the time on start switch..Checked with heat sensor and highest temp I could find was 212. Any help appreciated.  The Forum is GREAT.
2006 Marquis

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: GENERATOR
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:50 AM »
Bobby
If your gen. Slids out the front, run it out and look at the window.  It might have a code there.
How much time between  shut down and when it will restart?
Just a possibility here but will the gen set run if the clock doesnt work?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:06:17 AM »
Keith do you mean the window on the Hour meter? The gen will start up in just a few mins. Thanks for the input
2006 Marquis

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:29 AM »
Bobby,
The first thing you need to do is check the generator for fault codes. If you do not know how to do that, here is a video describing the procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3gJvJaBtO8

Gerald

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:36:36 AM »
Bobby
The LED window on some of our generator models is right next to the start button that is in the generator.  Gerald sent you a link with a better description of how to look for codes.
Good luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
Gerald the start stop red light stays on all the time.  I cannot get any codes cannot make it go out. The hour meter only has 8-9 volts to it. check coming into gen has 12 volts. Thanks for the help.
2006 Marquis

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 05:10:32 AM »
Bobby,
From the little information that you have given so far, it sounds like you have a generator control module problem. However, since replacing it is over a thousand dollars, I would thoroughly check out the generator before replacement, or have it checked by a professional if you do not feel qualified.

Gerald

Mike Shumack

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »
I have a 2006 beaver Marquis.  Having some Generator problems. It is a 12.5 Quiet
diesel.  Hour meter quit working, only getting 8-9 volts. Generator shuts down after about 20 mins. I do not get any flashes on start switch.  Should the red light stay lite all the time on start switch..Checked with heat sensor and highest temp I could find was 212. Any help appreciated.  The Forum is GREAT.

I would add the other comments, to be sure to check your Inverter settings (on mine, the Xantrex RV2512 with RC7-GS control) I found that if the generator is setup in the Xantrex to turnoff automatically when the batteries are fully charged, the generator will startup (with the manual start button) but then shut itself off after a few minutes as the batteries are already charged and there is no other load.

This may be obvious to you, but as new coach owner I'm still learning these systems, and the (auto) generator shutdown had me confused at first. So I thought I'd mention it.
The following users thanked this post: Bobby Kirk

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 12:35:55 AM »
Thanks to everyone for their input.. Found the problem.  Belt had come apart and was laying in bottom of gen  Not fun changing belt.  When I tried to get belt at Cummings Dealer found they no longer sell the belt. There is a kit that connects the fan directly to drive shaft. Went to Auto parts and got belt to fit and it works fine. Was wondering if anyone has put on the kit. My gen is working fine. Thanks to everyone
2006 Marquis