Author Topic: Ceiling Flush Mount TV  (Read 1919 times)

Bob Bulot

Ceiling Flush Mount TV
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:41:44 PM »
While lowering the ceiling-mounted television lift over the driver/passenger seats, the naugahyde cover broke off.  Turns out it's just a vinyl-covered piece of molded cardboard.

Has anyone had to repair or replace this cover?  Not even sure who made the lift.   I guess I could start calling the rv salvage yards

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Ceiling Flush Mount TV
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:03:17 AM »
Hi Bob
Hey, yours is vinyl covered cardboard?  Ours is just vinyl glued to the back of the lift mechanism.  The glue comes undone and nothing seems to hold.  Would love to hear your solution if you find one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:15:03 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
Mine is a piece of plywood covered in padded cloth.  It's in the garage.  My plan is to make lighter one out of thin wood that will match the cabinets.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Bob Bulot

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Sounds like both of yours might be the result of previous repair attemps.  I thought of using a light weight wood - possibly wall paneling.  This cover was poorly designed.  The action of raising and lowering the tv catches the edge of the cover as it rolls into the back of the mount and tears it off the mounting blocks that secure it to the metal frame.  Mine shows evidence that these blocks have been glued back on to the cover more than once. 

More to follow.